Very early labour signs or not?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi, i'm 36+4 today, and since yesterday been having lower backache and period type pains. Also feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis and whenever I go to toilet theres a lot of clear mucus when I wipe. From what i've read this could be beginning of something, but just as easily could be weeks off and just my body preparing itself. Anyone have this and go on to give birth within the week?

Stalking... I definitely think its our bodies gearing up... Xxx

Hope some others respond for you and hope your body is getting ready.
I had all of those things, but never went into labor ( I was induced at over 41 weeks both times). But that being said, it could possibly be your body preparing for baby to arrive in a few short weeks. ( you're not even 37 wkS so hopefully at least a week or two more right..) best wishes!

I'm also 36+4 and have been having frequent tightening in my back and bump as well as a lot of pressure on and off. I remember this happening with my other two and both were around a week late, so for me I don't really anticipate anything happening for a while yet, but hopefully it does mean that my body is gearing up! I think the period type cramps are the ones to watch out for and if they get regular or more painful then it would be worth getting checked out. Good luck!

I'm feeling the exact same thing. I think my lil man's head is engaged as my bump has definitely dropped but this is my first and can happen weeks before labour. I think the feelings are just the baby getting into position and my body preparing for labour.

Thanks everyone, i think you're probably right as I have read that with first time mums the body starts preparing itself sooner. My babies head started to engage a few weeks back. I'm in no rush for him to arrive, was just curious as to whether what i was experiencing might be a clue that he was gonna arrive a bit early thats all :)

When this happened to me I had baby the following day. Good luck!

I wish I could help ya but I've been like this for weeks and I'm still far away from delivery.
My back and abdomen ache, my pelvis aches my lady bits are swollen. Baby is on my bladder more often then not and it's incredibly uncomfortable.

I think it just happens, but hopefully for someone as late in the game as you it's promising

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->