Very low progesterone

AnnieJ10

Reaction score
Hi all, so I had my day 21 labs last week and my progesterone was 0.5 so I didn't ovulate. They want me to do a repeat test later this week to recheck in case I ovulated late since I have long irregular cycles. And if that still is low then I'll start clomid next cycle. I'm worried though, 0.5 sounds pretty low and I read that progesterone that low can indicate a luteal phase defect and may not sustain a pregnancy or implantation. I suppose if I went on Clomid then the medication would likely increase my progesterone? I'm just really worried that if I do conceive, it won't be able to implant. Can anyone shed some insight on this? It's been 6 month later ttc :/ thanks!

Hi, I am also worried I have low progesterone because my LP is only 9-10 days. So this cycle I bought some natural progesterone cream to start using after I get a confirmed O unil 12 dpo to help prolong my LP.

I know of other women that had this issue. They would get pregnant easily but then MC very early on. Their OB would then suggest a progesterone shot within the first couple weeks after confirmed O or pregnancy and it worked for two women I know.

Hello Annie, I myself suffer from low progesterone and I am given crinone suppositories 1 day after O until confirmed bfp or bfn. if pos continue up until 14 weeks and neg stop immediately.

Thanks for your responses. Maybe I will ask about doing a supplement. I guess Im also worried that if I do conceive I wont know Ive ovulated and it wont be able to implant.

I had low progesterone with my first baby, I started progesterone supplements at 2dpo and once I got my bfp continued until 13 weeks. I did oral prometrium. (Same effect but less messy than suppositories!)

Is there any risks to using progesterone? Like if I got a natural progesterone cream before talking to my doctor would there be any reason not to?

So I'm freaking out even more now because my prog is <0.5 and that is considers postmenopausal!! But my Fsh was normal (6.2) and my LH 10.5 so obviously I'm not postmenopausal. I'm just really worried about this and waiting for my doc to call back. It it possible for it to increase with clomid at such a low level?

Is there any risks to using progesterone? Like if I got a natural progesterone cream before talking to my doctor would there be any reason not to?

no. I asked my RE this question as well. however if 14dpo you don't have BFP! or no AF it would be because of the delay you get from the progesterone. but I was told its okay to take supplements just not necessary after 14 weeks. hope that helps.

So I'm freaking out even more now because my prog is <0.5 and that is considers postmenopausal!! But my Fsh was normal (6.2) and my LH 10.5 so obviously I'm not postmenopausal. I'm just really worried about this and waiting for my doc to call back. It it possible for it to increase with clomid at such a low level?

same here mine is just as low. with the progesterone that low it just means you didn't O. When you start on clomid it with regulate O and also increase your progesterone. You have none to worry there are plenty of others who go through he same and it can be corrected with proper meds. im guessing you PCOS?

I havent been diagnosed with pcos but my ob said its possible because my lh:fsh ratio was almost 2 to 1 and my irregular periods. I actually called an RE today and they agreed to see me so I have an appt thursday. I feel better knowing they will be invovled and even if they put me on clomid they are the expect and prob would monitor things better than the OB would

Hi ladies:winkwink: I have a question? Before I had my son almost 4 years ago my period was about 5-6 days long, cycle was about 28 days. I stopped depo in March 2015 got my period back in September 2015 and seemed normal but a little long cycle (45) days until January 2016 cycle days went down to 25-26 days each month but I only have period for 2-3 days? Could this be a sign of Lutheal defect or low progesterone? We have had unprotected sex ever since I stopped depo and still no pregnancy:cry:

Hey stargazer, I read that your cycles and stuff can change after being on birth control. If i were you I would see a doctor because my periods were like 2-3 days and light and i feel its due to my low progesterone.

Just to update, I saw the RE yesterday and he said he sees women all the time with very low progesterone go on to have healthy pregnancies! He did an u/s and saw we he thinks is a follicle but he thinks it probably will have difficulty releasing the egg so he gave me a trigger shot to use tonight to give it a nudge. Also he said if that doesnt work than clomid or femara will likely increase my prog levels next cycle! I feel alot better now.

Take a min or two to google progessence plus serum and the benefits of clary sage essential oil. The combo has helped many women with low progesterone and fertility issues. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->