Very picky eater already?

happy&healthy

Ada's Mom
Reaction score
I have always offered my daughter finger foods plus mashed fruit/veggies with cereal (which I spoon fed). She was never a big eater up until about a month ago. But now that she wants to eat, she refuses to eat new foods and things she used to eat she also now refuses ( like avacado--it used to be her favorite.) I put new foods before her every day and she will eventually put it in her mouth--but she just spits it back out--espcially veggies.

This is what she eats.

Chicken
Beef
yogurt
toast
all cereals (oatmeal etc)
pears
apples
cheese

That's it.

She hates avacados, eggs, mangos, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, tomato, etc. etc.

Both my husband and I are very picky eaters. Is this genetic? Should I even be bothered?

I don't think that it's that she's really being "picky" more just showing her independence, she can control what she puts in her mouth. Hayden is really "strange" how he eats, one day he LOVES green beans and will eat 2 servings but barely touch or not touch anything else on his plate, the next day he won't touch green beans but will eat tons of something else. I think for her age the important thing is to keep offering, encourage her to try new things but don't force it, praise lots when she tries stuff, talk about how good it is, model it for her. She'll go through stages but don't give in to just feeding what she wants, offer her all the healthy stuff she needs, she'll eat when she's hungry, she won't let herself go hungry. Maybe try offering the stuff she doesn't care for as much first then as she eats some add in the chicken and other stuff that she does really like

My friend has a 9 month old and is going through the exact same thing. It is doing her head in. She also thinks it is because LO suddenly realized she can have an opinion so likes to express those opionions constantly and firmly -- and they change like the wind! :roll:

Thanks for the replies. She still refuses veggies. Tried some black beans yesterday and today and she ate them all up! Don't know what to do, but will keep offering her veggies and eggs and other foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->