Very plus size (20+) ladies and 4D scans.

A

asacia

Hi all :)

I was wondering if any plus size ladies had experience of 4D scans?

My NHS scans have been pretty rubbish because of my weight, but my Private ones have been fine.

Has anyone had a 4D scan? DId it look okay?

Cheers :)

(Please no "I'm a size 12 and really fat" posts, that'll just make me cry - hormones!)

I know you said 20+ but I am a size 18 and am booked in for a 3d/4d scan a week on Sunday(18th Jan) and I am a bit worried about it too...BUT when I went for a 9 week scan I had a lovely scan lady and even thought baby was 22mm we could see arm and leg buds. My NHS scans have been horrible experiences too but I do think that the scan equipment in the private clinics is FAR better! SO you get a clearer picture and also pint out!

I read on the scan webiste where I am going that the picture may not be as good if you are overweight but also they will rescan if they dont get satisfactory pics....so I guess they cant be that bad?

OK am waffling now but if you still havent booked or had a scan by a week Sunday I will be posting mine.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I'm a size 24 and I had my scan at 23 weeks, heres a still from the dvd. Good luck with urs :) xXx

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/nikkijellybelly/jess.jpg

I'd give the scan place where you want to go a ring - if they say there won't be a problem and there is then at least you'll be able to keep hold of your money / get a rescan done if you've made sure first. Doesn't look like there will be a problem though from Nikkinoonoos post!

Have fun :hugs: xxx

The woman there was really helpfull to be honest she said that my size wouldn't be too much of a problem. She found the baby straight away and got a lovely 20 odd minute DVD. The hospital sonographer on the other hand was always saying how my weight was hampering the quality of the images etc and generally making me feel like the fattest person to ever have a child.
Good luck with your scan, you shouldn't have too many problems, I didn't :) xXx

Great, thanks! I'm a size 22/24 as well so this was helpful. I'm disappointed thinking I won't be showing very soon since I already look six months LOL

I am a 22, my scan is tomorrow. I am only going to be 19 weeks, so I don't know how the 4d scan will turn out. My first scan was fine....although it was pretty odd when the tech used the scanning wand to jiggle my fat to make the baby turn.

Hi i'm a size 20, never had any problem with my scans so far, i have a scan week monday and 4d end feb, hoping to still not have prob. hope goes well for you! X

I've got my 4D scan tomorrow, so fingers crossed it'll look alright! I'll post a picture so you can see :)

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, I really hope all goes well, you should get a better picture as private clinics have better equipment, take care :hugs: XX

https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/aaselove/KENNEDY_13-Copy.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/aaselove/KENNEDY_19-Copy.jpg

I think considering my size, they are pretty good. I'm a 22/24 pre-pregnancy.

Oh wow, hon lovely pics! Can i be cheeky and ask if they said anything about your size, i.e that it could affect pic quality (Obviously it didn't)? I am about your size pre pregnancy and had some really poo experiences with NHS scans, making me feel like the biggest woman to have a baby ever, ''well if you were of a normal size'' and i am SO sick of all my scan reports saying poor views due to maternal bmi. Just feel like i don't wanna pay someone to tell me they can't really see my baby due to my size when i can get that for free on the NHS. But as i said, gorgeous pics, really pleased for you, sorry for all the questions xxx

I've had two scans at this place, a 2D gender scan, and this scan. They do have a notice in the waiting area, saying that BMI and other factors can affect the quality, but they'll do thier best to get the best picture possible.

The sample pictures they have were a bit higher quality than mine, but they said each woman is different.

The scan was much nicer, with none of the tutting, rolling eyes and 'can you just lift your belly a bit' that I've had with the NHS scans! I always get a 'view obstructed by mBMI' on the form too, which is a bit insulting.

Awww, glad they were nice to you chick! I bloody hate the NHS, when i was having ds they sent me to have another scan by a doc not a sonographer he was evil to me! Kept saying stuff like the trouble is these machines like people of my size not yours ( He looked malnourished) and well if you were thinner.... Then he said there are some things i can't see but i can see is fine and sent me home, 4 days later i got a phone call from mw at hospital saying my consultant was arranging for me to be seen at the childrens hospital in Bristol and asap and if my baby did the serious heart defect the doctor suspected then i would need inutero surgery! I was on my honeymoon and had NO idea that he suspected a problem at all. Luckily my son turned out to be fine, but this time if they say i have to see a doc i am going to tell them not to refer me to him! But apparently he has a 75% complaint rate, so can't just be me. After what you have said think i will have a 4d scan, i don't know if you wanted to know the sex or found out, but if not could they have told you? Sorry i know i am like an inquisition xxx

Cheeky buggers, if someone says anything like that to me I'll lamp them one. That is so bloody rude when basically they are providing a service, and you are a customer that pays for that service (through taxes etc... still the same thing as paying).

My doc has never really said much about being overweight, she weighs me every time I go to see her, and is helping me maintain a sensible weight (at my request) but it was me that brought up high maternal weight and my concerns about high birth weight (all babies in mine and OH's family are big and I'm terrified at the thought of a whopper lol)

Asacia, that's a BEAUTIFUL picture!! You have such a precious baby in there. And thanks for giving the rest of us first timers with "obstructed BMI" some hope! I personally think the BM part stands for "Bumbling Morons" that are giving the tests. They should be more professional!

Asacia, that's a BEAUTIFUL picture!! You have such a precious baby in there. And thanks for giving the rest of us first timers with "obstructed BMI" some hope! I personally think the BM part stands for "Bumbling Morons" that are giving the tests. They should be more professional!

Here Here! xxx

my auntie is about a 24 when she was pg she got a 4d scan and it was amazing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->