Very Quick Birth Of Emily Jane

JWandBump

Reaction score
Emily Jane was born on the 8th April, two days overdue. Everything happened so fast and its all still a bit blurry to me but i'll try and remember ther best i can :D

I was due on the 6th of April but that day came and went with no sign that she was ever coming out. On the 7th my midwife came over to check my blood pressure as i had a headache, my blood pressure was fine and she offered to do me a sweep I had that and she told me i was 1 and 1/2centimeters dilated and it shouldn't be long before i have my baby :cloud9:

As soon as she left i started loosing little bits of my plug and had really bad back ache and period pains. Nothing else.

The next day, on the 8th, i woke up feeling fine. I thought the sweep diddn't work, so my OH went off too work, I was still loosing bits of my plug tho.

About 11ish i though i'd started getting contractions but wasnt sure as they were in my back not my bump so i tried to time them but they wasn't regular so i gave up. I rang my OH at about 1.30pm and told him to keep his phone on him incase i needed him home. I then rang up the birth unit to ask for advise, all they said was its the start but very early and they would see me the next day unless they were coming about 3mins apart

I ended up ringing back my OH at 2.30pm saying come back now were going up i dont care what she says. He got home about 3ish and we left straight away. I still wasnt sure i was in labour as it was in my back and my waters still haddent gone, so i thought they was going to send me home.

We got to they hospital at 4pm and i was examined straight away and told i was 6-7 centimeters gone :happydance: I couldnt belive it, i was so happy i wasnt being sent home lol But was begging for the epidural after being examined as i was in so much pain! They took my upstairs to get one, i had to be examined again just before and they said i was 9 centimenters so it was to late for the epidural so they just gave me gas and air (which i hated so used it just to bite on) my waters went while the midwife was still examining me lol

As soon as she stopped the examination i had the urge to push and they was saying if i need to just do it. OMG it hurt! But not unbearable.. The worst part was when her head was coming out. She finaly arrived at 5.07pm after being at the hospital for about a hour, i diddnt get my water birth or the epidural. Im really please with how everything went tho They told me to expect a 6lbs baby and she came out 8lbs! I had a 1st degree tear and a few stiches.

My OH was so amazing! And is so good at doing nappys and feeds There's no way i couldnt of done it without him. Heres a few pics :cloud9:

Attachments

• 08.04.11 (5).jpg
    08.04.11 (5).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 08.04.11 (6).jpg
    08.04.11 (6).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 10.04.11 (3).jpg
    10.04.11 (3).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 11.04.11 (1).jpg
    11.04.11 (1).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 40
  • 12.04.11 (5).jpg
    12.04.11 (5).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 46
congratulations!! She is adorable! I just love her hair! xxx

aww shes adorable congratulations :)

Congratulations! What a fab labour - and she's gorgeous x

what a cutie!! congratulations, sounds like fab labour!!! (but hope u heel quickly x) :)

Congratulations, she is lovely and her hair is fabulous! x

Aw :cloud9: she's gorgeous and it's great that you feel like it all went well even though it wasn't according to plan

She's beautiful! Congratulations :) Someone was in a hurry to meet mummy that's for sure!!

x

Congratulations, she really is a cutie :kiss:

she's so beautiful! and all that hair!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->