Very Quick First Time Birth of Daniel

babybefore30

Reaction score
I am so excited to at last be writing this I have been reading everyone else's for months.

After weeks of symptom spotting I woke on Wednesday 20th April to a glob like jelly in my knickers was extremely excited and rushed to tell DH that I had lost my mucus plug, however then came crashing back down to earth as I realised it could still be another week away.

I spent the afternoon with my sister relaxing at home and watching crappy tv. At about 3 I needed to walk up the road to get some bread I felt quite uncomfortable but put it down to being 9 months pregnant, once home I felt exhausted but just felt an urge to clean my bathroom it was like it could not wait until tomorrow it had to be done. I spent an hour scrubbing every part of it.

At 5 I went to the loo and lost masses of mucus plug and started to feel quite excited. DH came home from work and mentioned about going to the gym I did not mind as I did not think anything was going to happen straight away. Off he went and prepared dinner.

At 8.15pm I sat down at the dinner table to eat my dinner when I leaned forward I felt a pop (thought to myself would that not be funny if my waters have gone) finished eating and got up to watch some telly and felt a trickle of water thought maybe pregnancy incontincence had kicked in, popped to the loo but could not really work out what it was so went back to the television where I sat on the sofa and felt like I had wet myself. Quickly ran to the loo where I wiped and sorry TMI saw my show. I ran upstairs and changed and put a pad on as I wanted to make sure there was no meconium and called the birthing centre to see what they wanted me to do.

The midwife said pop in and we can check if it is definitely your waters, called DH and he came home from gym and off we went bag and all. I was having some cramps every 10 mins or so, the midwife checked me and said that she could not see baby's head and their was a lot of mucus. Booked me in for induction on Friday just in case contractions did not get worse and sent me home.

By the time we left the hospital the contractions were starting to get a bit more painful, when we got home I ran myself a bath and tried to relax but was finding it very difficult due to the pain. The midwife had mentioned that I should try and take some pain killers and sleep, took the pain killers but just could not lie down. Left DH in bed and went into the spare room where I rolled around on my ball.

All of sudden felt like I needed the loo, then threw up, this continued for around an hour. I just could not get comfortable so ran myself another bath. It was so painful I just could not lie in it, and I was on and off the toilet.

At about 2 I decided that I just could not take the pain anymore and I needed an epidural and I must wake DH to take me to hospital, but was then saying to myself don't be stupid you are probably one 3 cms dilated give it 10 more mins then wake him. By this stage the contractions were just coming and I was so angry with everyone because everyone told me that in the early stages you could get some rest (little did I know).

At 2.20 I had a contraction and felt the urge to push,thought I was being stupid and went and sat on the loo again this continued until 2.40 when I screamed for DH saying the baby is coming. He quickly rang the hospital and they told us to come in, dressed in my dressing gown we drove up to hospital 10 mins away while I contracted and pushed in the car.

Got up to the birthing centre at 3.05, they had started running the pool for me they undressed me and told me to walk up the stairs, as I walked up the stairs into the bath the midwife said ooh I can see the baby's head two pushes later Daniel was born at 3.16 he looked at me with this look to say I am here and that is what you look like.

In my birth plan I had requested the injection for the placenta but 5 mins after he had been born the placenta was born.

So ladies a lesson I have learnt don't think that just because it is your first time it is going to take ages, I was in so much pain and honestly thought it was early labour. I should have realised when I was thinking about an epidural that I was in tranistion.

Anyway if you have got this far well done. Some pictures of him in hospital and of him a few days old, he has a little bit of jaundice but nothing bad.

Daniel Ruben 008.jpg
Daniel Ruben 018.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

Aww that's a lovely birth story, hope mine goes like that:thumbup:
He's beautiful :flower:

Congrats babybefore, what a great birth. He's gorgeous x

Congrats on your beautiful boy:flower: I was like you, my 1st was very fast and I kept telling OH not to worry 1st babies take their time:haha:

Gorgeoous congrats you lucky thing nice and quick.

Congrats lovely birth story x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->