Very small and barely any weight gain

maybaby2018

Reaction score
So I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday, and so far I've only put on 6lbs in total, and I barely have a bump at all...should I be worried? I think I'm comparing to my first because I gained sooo much weight and my bump was huge from the get go! Suppose I should stop moaning really and enjoy not gaining tons of weight xx

I think so long as baby is growing ok you're fine. If your bump is measuring small the mw will send you for a growth scan.
I had tiny bumps with my last few and measured 6 weeks behind with one but they were all born a healthy weight, if on the smaller side (all 7 between 6.2 and 7.4)

See my first was a whopping 10lb 9 when he was born, and I weighed an awful lot more than I do now. It's also a different dad and they did say that everything is completely different and like having for first all over again! Baby is very active I guess I was just use to being huge with my first! He's been measuring bang on at my previous scans xx

I wasn't very heavy to start with my last pregnancy and I actually lost weight due to hypermesis, he was my heaviest baby at 8lb 9oz

My bump measured small with all three pregnancies so far and this one too and I've put on like 12lb's already

I wouldn't worry too much

I think the important thing is whether the baby`s growth is on track. Also, your body weight before the pregnancy matters too, it seems.
I also struggled with weight gain during the first 24 weeks and asked the dr many times whether it will affect the baby. She assured me, as long as the baby is growing well, I myself not gaining too much is actually a plus
Once I hit 24-25 weeks, I started to gain much faster

In all of my pregnancies I've been over 30 weeks before I had any sort of visible bump. After 32 weeks each time my bump grew very quickly. I had 7lb13 and 7lb15 is babies the first 2 times...and this lil one was 6lbs according to growth scans at 34+5....even though I was measuring over a month behind according to bump x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->