Very weird situation! Looking for thoughts

mush55

Reaction score
Hi, guys! I am new to the forum! I have a very weird situation going on and I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this, and if so, what they think.
I went of BCP in dec and got a withdrawal bleed like dec 6, and then no period since then. I went to an RE and he put me on 50 mg clomid on june 5th, but that didnt work, so he gave me 100 mg of clomid this past thurs. Fri night, suddenly!, i had some spotting, and by sat morning a full on fledged period! I am still taking clomid. I called the RE office and they told me to come in tom to meet with my RE, but that I should still be taking the clomid. Do you think its actually my period? Could I have ovulated 2 weeks ago? Or do you think its some crazy side effect of the clomid?
Thank you soo much for reading!!! :)

I have honestly never heard of clomid for starting a period. Clomid is usually used for a 4 day period to get you to ovulate. Before I got pregnant with my son, my GP had to put me on provera to start my period and then on cycle days 5-9 I was on clomid. When they found out my tube was blocked, he upped my dose to 100 mg (on days 5-9) and that was the cycle I got Preggo on.

Clomid seems like the wrong drug to be giving you, as its used to get woman to ovulate. I would see if they will prescribe you Provera. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-6996-Provera.aspx?drugid=6996&drugname=Provera

Thanks for getting back to me (both of you)! I tried provera but i didnt get a response (withdrawal), so the RE just wanted me to ovulate, as I was not shedding my lining through the provera. I don't think the clomid made me get a period-- I'm just hoping that maybe its my real period finally showing up after its been hiding since December, and not some weirdo side effect of the clomid. I guess I will find out more today, when I head in to my RE. Thanks again for answering!

Sounds like these ladies know what they're talking about....good luck! Keep us posted!

thanks guys! so the RE said that the withdrawal is not good or bad, it just is (and I was so excited that it was finally my period). Just finished my 100mg of clomid today, and going back on july 5th to see if its working. The 50mg didnt work, so I'm hoping the 100mg does. He said if not then on to fremera. I'm praying it works! any of you not had one dosage work but have another? Would love some pick me up stories right now, as i'm not very hopeful at the moment. And thank you guys all so much for answering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->