vetoed names without reason ggrr

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
does anyone else have name vetoed without any reason at all?

it annoys the hell out of me! I understand when there is a reason behind it (eg reminds them of an ex, so and so has named their baby this etc)

but when no reason is given what so ever?? gggrrrr :growlmad: not even a plain old i dont like it. just no. :growlmad:

I love the names Eve and Ivy and these are the only two names i have been told no to without a reason. when i ask why he can't even give me an answer just says don't know :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: ah men!!

What names have you suggested that you've just received a straight no to?

Lol, I feel your pain just in a different way! I'm going thru this solo so I don't have a DH/OH to pass a name by, but I do have my mother lol. Any name I have brought up to her has been quickly shot down. I've now told her that she will not know the name until the baby is born! That way she will be too excited about the baby to care about the name haha.
Good luck to you and I hope your DH comes around and you can both find a name you love :)

Yep, my favourite girls name is Phoebe, I don't know why but I just love it :flower:, but DH vetoed it with our last daughter and is adamant that if we do have another and its a girl that we will NEVER name our daughter Phoebe :growlmad:

Hahaha my DH does this all the time and it drives me insane! There are few enough names we actually agree on without him just writing them off on a whim.

Some of the vetoed names are: Boys; Aaron, Isaac, Lewis, Joshua, Girls; Arya(which I loved),Darcy and Rosalie. Its super annoying!

I'd always wanted the name Ellie for my first daughter but when I suggested it to oh I just got a plain 'no' from him. It's weird because he's pretty much named this baby if its a girl and adiment she will be Caitlyn and he didn't care on my opinions on the name luckily I do like the name lol

I love the names Eve and Ivy and these are the only two names i have been told no to without a reason. when i ask why he can't even give me an answer just says don't know :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: ah men!!
That's too bad. We're going with Evelyn Ivy if we have a girl, so IMO your taste in names is right on.

Honestly, tastes in names are peculiar things. There are plenty of names that I am not fond of, but I can't think of a good reason why. They just aren't my thing. For example, I don't really like any of my siblings' names (Christopher, Matthew, Steven, Jennifer) or any of the names of the children in DH's family (John, Paul, Adam, Alexander, Sarah). They're my idea of "plain" and "unoriginal." But obviously a lot of other people liked them or they wouldn't have been so popular in the 80s!

The name I wanted for a boy had DD been a DS was Bruce, but I couldn't get hubby on board with that. He couldn't give me a reason. It just wasn't his thing.

If you keep pushing Eve and/or Ivy, who knows, maybe he'll come around.

My husband did that a lot. But when he heard the right name, he loved it instantly. I guess he's a man who knows what he likes. :)

Literally just had this argument with the hubby! Really winds me up because he is quick to say no to any names i suggest but wont think of any himself :wacko:

P.S I vote for Eve :thumbup: Im biased but its a beautiful name!

That's too bad. We're going with Evelyn Ivy if we have a girl, so IMO your taste in names is right on.

Honestly, tastes in names are peculiar things. There are plenty of names that I am not fond of, but I can't think of a good reason why. They just aren't my thing. For example, I don't really like any of my siblings' names (Christopher, Matthew, Steven, Jennifer) or any of the names of the children in DH's family (John, Paul, Adam, Alexander, Sarah). They're my idea of "plain" and "unoriginal." But obviously a lot of other people liked them or they wouldn't have been so popular in the 80s!

The name I wanted for a boy had DD been a DS was Bruce, but I couldn't get hubby on board with that. He couldn't give me a reason. It just wasn't his thing.

If you keep pushing Eve and/or Ivy, who knows, maybe he'll come around.

thats the thing, you still have a reason behind not liking a name - plain, unoriginal etc.
If i don't like a name i always put a reason behind it so that he knows why i don't like it. but a straight out no ggrrrr MEN! lol

we've got a long while before we have another baby but being a 'prepper' i would like to have a list of names we both agree on to begin with :haha: even though the list would more than likely go out the window by the time im pregnant :rofl: i just feel panicky if i don't have something prepared. Boys names are sorted, we can easily agree on them but knowing my luck we will end up with a nameless girl :wacko:

we've got a long while before we have another baby but being a 'prepper' i would like to have a list of names we both agree on to begin with :haha: even though the list would more than likely go out the window by the time im pregnant :rofl: i just feel panicky if i don't have something prepared. Boys names are sorted, we can easily agree on them but knowing my luck we will end up with a nameless girl :wacko:
Could always try to get him out of the room shortly after delivery. Ask for something from the cafeteria or something.

Then slap "Ivy" down on the birth certificate while he's away! :devil:

No, really, that's how I wound up with my first name (Bridget). My mother wanted to name me "Jennifer," and my father wanted to name me "Bridget," and there could be no agreement between them, so he rushed off after I was born and slapped "Bridget" down on the birth certificate while she was still recovering from birth.

"Jennifer" was the #1 girls' name in the United States from sometime in the 70s until 1984 or so, and I was born in '82, so I'm pretty grateful I didn't get saddled with "Jennifer."

Six years later, my sister Jennifer was born.

Could always try to get him out of the room shortly after delivery. Ask for something from the cafeteria or something.

Then slap "Ivy" down on the birth certificate while he's away! :devil:

No, really, that's how I wound up with my first name (Bridget). My mother wanted to name me "Jennifer," and my father wanted to name me "Bridget," and there could be no agreement between them, so he rushed off after I was born and slapped "Bridget" down on the birth certificate while she was still recovering from birth.

"Jennifer" was the #1 girls' name in the United States from sometime in the 70s until 1984 or so, and I was born in '82, so I'm pretty grateful I didn't get saddled with "Jennifer."

Six years later, my sister Jennifer was born.

my dad did that... my name got changed, my dad walked away when i was 3 and we where all stuck with a name we hated

its a stupid, selfish, dishonest, cruel thing to do and if my OH did it to me then we he would be 6 feet under by now.... absolutely stupid suggestion

if your other half wont agree to anything then give him a deadline to choose a name by say 4 weeks before due date, if he hasn't got one by then you should remove his veto and get your choice... but that only if they are completely unreasonable, you should always try to compromise if you can

I do this with my husband all the time. Only I give the veto. He will say how about X? My only response is No. Generally its that I just don't like it or its not the style of name I like/want. Most of the names I like he isn't crazy about, but he has given a few vetos, not nearly as many I do. Picking a name is really hard and there are times you hear a name and you just know its not right even if you can't explain why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->