Village hall hire costs

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Hello!!

I am thinking of hiring a hall for my wedding reception, and wanted to know what the sort of average cost was for people who have hired halls for events (cost/what it included etc)

We have been quoted £1050 for:
Access on the Friday at 1pm until the Sunday at 1pm
Crockery
Cutlery
White wedding curtains
Circular tables (seating for 120 I think)

How does it sound, cost-wise?

:flower:

That sounds like a reasonable cost.

My local civic centre room hire (seats 200 / max capacity 400) is £25 / hour. So for 48 hours is £1200

That's with basic table and chairs. Everything else would be additional

:flower:

Thanks! The Hall seats 150, it also has a bar with glasses and a fridge (which I guess is included in the cost as its right next to the main room). Its on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, about 6 miles/15 mins drive from ceremony venue. Its pretty new and would be easy to decorate. Might look at other places nearby too (although finding somewhere easily accessible and close is tricky giving its closeness to the Dales).

I think it sounds definitely a good price.
You can get decorations etc for hire off eBay -really nice chair covers & ribbons etc.

DIY Balloon kits with a helium cannester.

I went to my mates wedding in December that we dubbed *eBay wedding* LOL we practically got everything needed from eBay and probably paid less than 500 for decorations / favours / chair covers / center pieces / up-lighting / candy sweet buffet for 100 people.

:thumbup:

I am going to hire a room in our Civic Hall for Millie's 1st Birthday (not the big room, a smaller room)

I think it sounds definitely a good price.
You can get decorations etc for hire off eBay -really nice chair covers & ribbons etc.

DIY Balloon kits with a helium cannester.

I went to my mates wedding in December that we dubbed *eBay wedding* LOL we practically got everything needed from eBay and probably paid less than 500 for decorations / favours / chair covers / center pieces / up-lighting / candy sweet buffet for 100 people.

:thumbup:

I am going to hire a room in our Civic Hall for Millie's 1st Birthday (not the big room, a smaller room)

Thats cheap, £500!! :thumbup:

Gosh Im excited now, goodness knows when we can go and see it as we are up in Newcastle. Hopefully an excuse for a short holiday, although will have to stay with the future in-laws, yay...:haha:

We had ours at a village hall, I can't remember exactly but it was defo under £250 that was for Fri afternoon until Sunday midday and included tables but not curtains, crockery and cutlery which our caterer brought. I guess we got a good deal which was a good job as we were totally skint :haha:

To be honest I think as soon as you say the word 'wedding' the pound signs flash up in people's eyes so we tried to avoid that :haha:

I think it's expensive - my sil paid £300 for village hall this year with access on friday from 12pm till Sunday 12pm. Tables and chairs, and use of whole facility (lots of rooms as it was an old schoolrooms originally). No crockery etc but if you're paying for caterers then that stuff is usually in the price or nominal fee.

We paid £2000 just over 4 years ago to feed 60 ppl a 3 course meal (with menu choices for guests)and venue hire, staff, sound systems etc. We did it at a golf club which we found to be cheapest option. As soon as you say wedding the price seems to quadruple!

It's hard work doing a wedding in a rented hall - you either need to hire staff or you have a few family members who work pretty much the whole time. It's rotating drinks into fridges, bringing out buffet food, glass collecting, putting new loo rolls in the toilets, going back hungover the next morning to clear up. My mil and fil worked very hard at sil wedding and I did quite a bit too as I was sober (pregnant) and needed a break from dancing with inhibitions haha! It was a beautiful location and building and was brilliant wedding all the same though.

Hmmmm, I looked quickly on Google and a couple of halls not in the area are a lot less for hire.

supertabby, ideally I would love a reception venue where everything is done for me (I would LOVE to hire a pub, which is sooo not gonna happen :rofl: ) I hoped it would work out cheaper in the long run, and I like the idea of the blank canvas of a hall. My OHs parents live nearby so heres hoping they do the cleaning on Sunday :rofl:

Hmmm we paid £2000 for a wedding at a Country Manor Hotel which included room hire for wedding, 3 course meal for 60 people and hot/cold buffet for 100 people on the night plus stay in Bridal suite. It had stunning grounds.

I second Ebay for everything, decorations, flowers etc. I got my wedding dress, tiara, favours and table decorations from there. A friend got her Bridesmaid dresses & flowers from there too. They were stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->