Violent sharp shooting pains in cervix. Early labor?

lcmorla

Reaction score
I started noticing them at 4PM yesterday. Didn't notice them as I slept, I am a deep sleeper though. Then this morning, it's started again accompanied with menstrual cramps and mild contractions.

Sounds pretty normal for this stage in pregnancy. Your body is getting ready xx

I've been getting them for about 2 weeks now. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like someone is sticking a knife up my crotch. I'm not dilated at all, so my Dr said it's either from ligaments stretching out or its how I feel contractions. I get them pretty sporadically though. Sometimes all day, sometimes twice a day, sometimes not at all.

I got them for a few weeks before my first was born. I've had it a few times already with this baby! Think it's just baby moving down low and getting ready.

Dd was born at 37 weeks 1 day. The day before I had her I had sharp SHARP shooting pains all day consistently once they hit in the early noon. But we are talking wincing as I used the bathroom and crying using the bathroom bc the pains were sharp and frequent and deep. (If that makes sense)....by that night after hospital admission they were gone! I slept! The following morning the doctors released me siting "normal pregnancy".

As the were discharging me my contractions began full force. Dd was born 3.45 hours later.

I've been searching google about what these pains are and a lot of women are saying it's the cervix beginning to dilate which excites me! I'm so excited to deliver! People are afraid for me but I'm not afraid at all :happydance::happydance:

That in itself is an instinctual sign that she's almost here!!!

I feel the same way :)

I had the same shooting pains this prenancy -to a lesser degree- and for me it meant dilation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->