Visiting someone in the hospital during first trimester.

wifey2013

Reaction score
Last night my husband's grandmother suffered from a stroke due to a blood clot in her brain. She was taken to emergency and my husband went with his father. I didn't go because I was not sure of the risks of being in an emergency room during my first trimester. If they move her into another section, do you think it's safe for me to visit? I am worried because my immune system feels very low. Any tips are appreciated.

You will be just fine....many female nurses and doctors have babies all the time.

You'll be fine hun. I'm a nurse and I work in an emergency/acute ward and I'm still in first tri. It's fine :)

You'll be fine hun. I'm a nurse and I work in an emergency/acute ward and I'm still in first tri. It's fine :)

That's what I thought but then I read that people working in hospitals have stronger immune systems and built up resistance. I don't take any vaccinations against flus and we have a bad one going around here. Thanks for the advice - I really do want to visit her I may just take some extra precautions.

Oh ok. I've never had the flu shot either. It's up to you really though, just extra hand hygiene would help :)

Wash your hands and all the hospitals and dr offices I've been to have face masks available if you're really worried.

I'm sure you would be fine, just washing your hands and as pp said - there's face masks everywhere so you could wear one if you felt better or at least if you get near anyone coughing/sneezing.

I hope you're grandmother in law is alright today:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->