vitamin B6 advice

tweety pie

Reaction score
I have realised since temping last cycle i have only got a 9 day LP. I have been reading up about it and it is considered to be a LP Defect. I am thinking about taking B6 and i am wondering about the amount to take. My cycles are irregular since having a m/c at 18 wks. I am due to see the doctor next month, it will then be 6 months ttc. I would like to get started on the B6 for this cycle. I go on hoilday today and obviously i'd like to stand a chance this cycle and lengthen my LP. I'd love some advice ladies xx.

Hey tweety, I'm the same, have a (max) 9-day LP... frustrating eh!

I take a B100 complex (100mg of all B vits); I'd probably start at 50mg though - either 50mg B6 alone, or a B50 complex - then go to 100mg if that doesn't do the job. For me, I don't think it's doing anything really to be honest... my LP is more consistently 9 days (used to be more 7-8 days), but::::: no major improvment. It really depends on what is causing your LPD - for some people its B-vit deficiency (related), so it does the job... but not always.

Definitely worth a try though.

And hey, check out this thread. It's v. long! Read the first few pages then come join us at the end :thumbup:

I thought about taking 50mg b6. Also take pregnacare which has 20mg vit b12 and also 10mg b6.
Do you think that will be a good start and make a difference ?

Yeah some people had results with 50mg... depends how cautious you want to be. I guess the 'sensible' thing to do is to start off smaller and you can increase up if no effect. Better that than going in at the deep end and potentially having adverse effects.

Having said that, I think B6 is relatively harmless, it's hard to overdose - you just pee out anything you don't use (hence the neon wee!) I think some people did start straight onto 100mg.

Btw if you can, get the time release ones.

Ha Ha glad you told me about the neon wee lol.
The way i see it anything is worth a try, otherwise i will just think i am not getting anywhere.
Thanks for your help hun fx'd it works xx

50 mgs of a B complex is recommended. It increased my LP by 2 days.
My O was delayed when I increased the dosage to 100 mgs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->