Vitamin D deficiency!!!

mumofone25

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has a vitamin d deficiency, and did it cause problems with TCC, im Currently WTT until next year.
in july i had blood test which found i have a severe vit d deficiency with levels of 10 (have no idea why though, i get a fair amount of sun and eat well) im on D3 supplements and im due a repeat blood test at the end of the month.

any insight to this would be fab!! xxx

I don't know if I have, nutritionist suspects it but doc won't blood test me. I am tempted to get one done privately. Lots of studies are coming out these days about how common Vit D deficiency is. Seems to relate to depression, fatigue and from what you've said poss fertility too!

my doc done mine after having issues with prolonged periods (suspected endometriosis). i just went in crying one day about how tierd i was all the time, so he orderd loads of tests this being the only one that came back abnormal.....im just worrying myself now as they think i have endo which obv can cause fertility problems and now looking at research so can a vit d deficiency :S xxx

That's interesting. I've had loads of blood tests when before diagnosing CFS but unfortunately vit d was not in the list which is crazy considering I was exhausted.

My clinic did a study and they found that 80% of women who went there were deficient. I was low at 70 (not sure if it's the same scale as yours) and I took 8,000IU a day for a month and then 1,000IU. It was a misunderstanding and it should have just been 800IU. But, my levels shot up to 160 or something like that.

From what I have read, the sun doesn't help too much. I have read you need to take between 3,000-5,000IU and then get checked in about 3 months. You still have lots of time to boost it and you'll feel a big change in your energy levels.

ive got to have my bloods done again at the end of the month as im on a huge dose of d3. i have started to feel less tierd already which is great!! xx

I've started mine last week, fairly high dose as recommended by sports nutritionist who said its highly likely I'm deficient. Not feeling energised yet but af is due so might be hard to tell as I'm always extra tired at af.

ive only just started to feel 'better' been taking them for almost a month now, so it takes a while! hope they start working soon xx

Thanks, I'm really hoping they help with a few things. I've read a lot about the link with depression too which I suffer from.

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my dr said that I have low vit d and to take suPpliments. I'm not really low but enough to need some extra.

I had no idea it was related to mood and energy! I'm exhausted all the time. Mind you I'm pregnant with a toddler and think that has a lot to do with it. But Ive also suffered from anxiety in the past. I'm really curious to see if the vit d addition will help me.

i do have more energy since taking them, i havnt noticed any changes in my mood though (maybe im just a grump though lol) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->