Vitamin drops and water?

P

petal040

When should I start giving LO water (I am breastfeeding)... ? Should she have some with each meal? How much?

Thanks!! :) I have so many questions!! :flower:

Oh also - on the Department of Health website, it says once LO is 6 months, if she isn't having formula, she should have vitamin drops - is this true? Can you get them on prescription?

I think you need to start giving LO water once they're having proteins? I'm not too sure though to be honest.

I don't think the vitamin drops come on prescription but you can get them in the chemists. Having said that, I never remember to give her any! :blush:

Thanks... how much water should I give once I start? Should it be limited in case she misses bf because of it?

Well we got them on prescription (along with big bottles of Oilatum and E45, which is what I use on LO - I'm really chuffed cos they are expensive to buy :thumbup:)

But... the GP was very vague on when to start using them - he basically said if LO became ill or not feeding then I could ask for a blood test to check she wasn't becoming malnourished?? And that being malnourished would involve lack of vitamins and nutrients (obviously??)... he said usually he wouldn't usually prescribe them until a child was ill but as LO is not going to be 'moving on to other milks' he would prescribe them for us now... implication being that because she isn't having formula she is likely to become ill and malnourished??

Does anyone know when to start the vitamins? The packaging and leaflet doesn't say. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->