Vitamins and Supplements

choccielover

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can you please let me know where you are getting your "good quality" vitamins and supplements from?

I want some CoEnzyme Q10, vitamin B6 and a good pre-natal. I seem to get through them so fast and they aren't exactly cheap every month.

Any other recommendations on vits would be appreciated.

xx

When buying prenatals or any vitamins, look at the side of the container for RDA%.
You can compare a generic to a national brand. I look for ones that have the highest % of folic acid, vit D, and calcium in them (just what I am shooting for).

You can get the generic for about half the price of the national brand. I have also gotten the generic when on sale for buy-one-get-one-free, and I had a coupon! I felt like I had won the lotto (I am a wanna be extreme couponer).

You can do this for just about all meds. Tylenol and acetaminophen are exactly the same thing, but the name tylenol will cost you significantly more.

This may not apply if the generic doesn't have all of the constituents that you are looking for, but it's worth a shot.

I use Tesco's own brand prenatals (it has all the recommended RDA for all the Vitamin B groups so I don't take extra Vitamin B6) and compared well with other brands of prenatals and I take Tesco's own Co-enzyme Q10.

Might be worth having a nose.

Thanks very much for the replies. I'll have a nosey in Tesco's tomorrow. xx

I take my supplements individually (as my research grew, so did the number of supplements in my cupboard!) - but for good all-in-one tablets, Zita West fertility look very comprehensive, plus her Boost tablets (they aren't cheap, but they seem worth the money; and you can get a discount if you order a 3m supply). Pregnacare also look quite comprehensive (pretty cheap on Amazon). These both contain some of the lesser-known (but apparently useful) supplements such as inositol, NAC, ALA etc.

Good idea to supplement separtely with C0Q10. I've used lots of different brands of this, Doctors Best on Amazon is a good price.

Hi everyone

Can you please let me know where you are getting your "good quality" vitamins and supplements from?

I want some CoEnzyme Q10, vitamin B6 and a good pre-natal. I seem to get through them so fast and they aren't exactly cheap every month.

xx

I walked past Holland & Barrett in Westfields today and they still got their penny sale on. Buy one full price item get the next for a penny. Don't think prenatals will be included but you will get your Q10 & B6

Hi everyone

xx

I walked past Holland & Barrett in Westfields today and they still got their penny sale on. Buy one full price item get the next for a penny. Don't think prenatals will be included but you will get your Q10 & B6

Slightly off topic..but is that Westfield in Stratford? Do you live near there?

Try Healthspan.co.uk.
Quality vits and free delivery.

I'm on Royal Jelly, Co Q10 and Zinc bought from them.

In the states, you can't always trust that the vitamins are what they say they are since they (being deemed "supplements") are not regulated. I don't know about other countries. There are two agencies I know of that certify that vitamins have in them what they SAY they have in them - USP (U.S.) and NSF (NSF is International). There's a list of brands that you can trust at these Web sites:

https://www.usp.org/USPVerified/dietarySupplements/supplements.html

https://nsf.org/Certified/consumer/...Sort=UPPER(prod_desc)&SortHeader=company_name

Personally, I just stick with Nature Made products.

FWIW :)

Hi everyone

xx

Slightly off topic..but is that Westfield in Stratford? Do you live near there?

No its Westfields in Derby, the original posted of this thread was from Derby

Hi guys, just to let you know that Holland and Barretts do appear to have their "buy one get one for a penny" offer on. I saved about £16 the other day. Thank goodness as vitamins and supplements are sooooooo expensive and I seem to take so many of them :winkwink:

I am from Derby but I believe the sale is on in every store.

Thanks everyone xx

i went to h and b today but could only find the zinc on the penny offer so got some and some vit e. already on folic. the lady in the shop was really helpfull and got lots of books out to help me.
im hoping as we have just started trying those will be enough. however my partner is away so we need as much help as we can with the little time we see each other.
:flower:

I take Zita West supplements, plus an extra 50mg of B6. Zita West's stuff isn't cheap though but if you google can find it a few pounds cheaper on other sites.

I buy alot from Amazon but when in the UK buy from Boots (their own brand) and Holland and Barret. Also from Boots, I pick up the Wellman brand for Selenium and Magnesium sups.

I buy from Nutricentre, more expensive than H&B I think, but my herbalist recommended them and their range is very extensive. I check stuff out online and then phone to order

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->