Vitex while TTC

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Alright so my husband and I are officially crazy :haha: and entering back into the TTC world. We havent been preventing, but my cycles are crazy. Whiiiich brings me here again (it worked last time!)

I just started my cycle today (first one since beginning of July). I want to get back into temp charting, prenatals, ect. VITEX!

When I used Vitex to conceive our second, I was in between cycles and ended up pregnant not even 3 weeks after starting it. Im not sure if I should start taking it now, or wait until my cycle is over. Has anyone else used it during their cycle? Im THINKING I should wait until my cycle is over because I dont necessarily want to mess up this cycle by taking it now.

Hallllp!

I started Vitex mid-cycle (only about a week and a half in though, and my previous cycles had been 40 days or so) and it was fine for me. Depends entirely on your body. I'd recommend waiting until the start of your next cycle, unless your cycles are really irregular and then I'd go ahead and start.

Quesiton: when you used Vitex last time, how did you stop? Did you stop abruptly, wean off of it? I'm wondering because I am wondering what to do if I get my BFP while using Vitex

I started Vitex mid-cycle (only about a week and a half in though, and my previous cycles had been 40 days or so) and it was fine for me. Depends entirely on your body. I'd recommend waiting until the start of your next cycle, unless your cycles are really irregular and then I'd go ahead and start.

Quesiton: when you used Vitex last time, how did you stop? Did you stop abruptly, wean off of it? I'm wondering because I am wondering what to do if I get my BFP while using Vitex

My cycles are way off but my vitex wasnt where I thought it was this morning sooo I'll start it tomorrow :haha:

I weaned myself off of it once I got my BFP. I want to say over 2-3 weeks maybe? I did cut back quite a bit when I first got the bfp. I was taking 4 a day and cut back to 2 a day immediately. I did 2 a day for a week or so and then cut back to 1 a day for a week or so then just stopped taking it.

My OB wanted me to stop taking it instantly, but she had no idea what it was, or what it was for, ect. I had read about how there may had been a correlation between stopping abruptly and miscarrying, so I cut back and took it for a little while longer.

I just posted a thread about this! I am interested in trying Vitex because I have heard wonderful things. Is it something you take all throughout your cycle?

I started it mid cycle the cycle before I conceived specifically to bring on a new cycle as I was on cd 50 or something. It worked and I conceived the next cycle. Took it until 16 weeks. Started weaning off it at 12 weeks. No problems with the little lady from taking it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->