Vitex?

hairftsher

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to find a concrete answer so I'm wondering what you all did.
I recently started taking vitex.. I assume that a short luteal phase is my issue. I also am one of those people who seem to have two peaks with OPK's... I'm in the middle of a cycle now so I plan to temp next cycle for the first time if I don't fall pregnant.

I've conceived twice in the past & both days where CD23 (I have a 34 ish day cycle)

When and how much do I take Vitex?
The brand that I purchased was "Nature's Way" & it recommends 400mg twice a day - if this helps.

Thanks everyone! :)

xx

Hi I hope this is your cycle!!

I had Vitex questions too. I ended up taking only taking 225mg a day because I was getting headaches really bad. I took from the start of AF until cd 1 of this cycle.

I noticed constant twinges in and slight pain in both ovaries. My ovulation pain was there but at a minimum. My bbt didn't go up but rather went way down. It was just low for my how cycle even though it rose a little it was no where near my norm. In the past when on Clomid it was much higher. So I decided to skip it this cycle. My temps have still been on the low side and my O was painful but no where near as bad as it can get.

I am 6dpo and the only thing that is unusual for me horrible left sided breast pain. I will see in a few more days if I some how caught the eggo.

Oh, also, I didn't O any differently that usual, it was just a day later.

FX for you!!

Hi I hope this is your cycle!!

I had Vitex questions too. I ended up taking only taking 225mg a day because I was getting headaches really bad. I took from the start of AF until cd 1 of this cycle.

I noticed constant twinges in and slight pain in both ovaries. My ovulation pain was there but at a minimum. My bbt didn't go up but rather went way down. It was just low for my how cycle even though it rose a little it was no where near my norm. In the past when on Clomid it was much higher. So I decided to skip it this cycle. My temps have still been on the low side and my O was painful but no where near as bad as it can get.

I am 6dpo and the only thing that is unusual for me horrible left sided breast pain. I will see in a few more days if I some how caught the eggo.

Oh, also, I didn't O any differently that usual, it was just a day later.

FX for you!!

Thanks for the reply! I've been taking it twice a day 800mg daily, every day. Eeep... I wonder if that will harm things.
I have no idea what I'm doing obviously but I am hoping to lengthen my luteal phase!

Hey everyone,

I'm struggling to find a concrete answer so I'm wondering what you all did.
I recently started taking vitex.. I assume that a short luteal phase is my issue. I also am one of those people who seem to have two peaks with OPK's... I'm in the middle of a cycle now so I plan to temp next cycle for the first time if I don't fall pregnant.

I've conceived twice in the past & both days where CD23 (I have a 34 ish day cycle)

When and how much do I take Vitex?
The brand that I purchased was "Nature's Way" & it recommends 400mg twice a day - if this helps.

Thanks everyone! :)

xx

Hi! No advice but I have the same short LP issue. I have been back and forward as to whether to try vitex, I bought some but haven't been game to try it yet! Would love to know how it goes for you and if it lengthens your LP!

I currently take a vit B complex, and vit C to try to help my Luteal phase lengthen. I am also on normal prenatals, plus iron tabs cause my levels are low.

Good luck!!

Hi! No advice but I have the same short LP issue. I have been back and forward as to whether to try vitex, I bought some but haven't been game to try it yet! Would love to know how it goes for you and if it lengthens your LP!

I currently take a vit B complex, and vit C to try to help my Luteal phase lengthen. I am also on normal prenatals, plus iron tabs cause my levels are low.

Good luck!!

I'll let you know! I had a positive ovulation on CD17, & I'm CD20 now... I don't temp but if I don't conceive this cycle then I will start that next cycle.
I also take iron! & I've been taking myo-inositol, which I believe is a B vitamin.. maybe? Hahaha. I feel like I have smashed so much information into my mind lately about trying to conceive that it all just kind of blends together.

Good luck!!

I'll let you know! I had a positive ovulation on CD17, & I'm CD20 now... I don't temp but if I don't conceive this cycle then I will start that next cycle.
I also take iron! & I've been taking myo-inositol, which I believe is a B vitamin.. maybe? Hahaha. I feel like I have smashed so much information into my mind lately about trying to conceive that it all just kind of blends together.

I will definitely let you know about my LP this cycle though! Fingers crossed.

I will definitely let you know about my LP this cycle though! Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed you get your BFP this cycle! [-o< I have heard that myo-inositol mentioned before by someone on here I think.

Hi! I just wanted to know if vitex did in face, lengthen your LP? I have a 5 year old daughter and prior to having her had short cycles with a short LP. I was able to conceive her using a progesterone supplement leftover from when I was seeing a fertility doctor (but got pregnant naturally, just used it during my LP). We've decided to try for another, and I am off BCP and was wondering if I should take Vitex if it turns out I still have a short LP (I will know soon as I O'd yesterday).

Hi!!

Sorry, I just saw this post. I think the Vitex helped. I was on it for 2 months then had to go off due to getting blood tests performed.

But I think it helped my FSH, LH and prolactin. My cycles would last until 13 dpo which is good. I am trying Ovulate later rather than at cd 12. But I haven't been on the Vitex for 2 months and already today I have a positive opk at cd9. I don't feel like anything is going to happen but it would be cd 10 or 11 hopefully if it does.

I was on 900 some mg and I tended to stop at cd 10 because I noticed my opks not getting darker and so I would stop because I was always afraid of not ovulating but next cycle I will take them every day until O has been confirmed just to see.

I'm not sure where you are in your cycle (hopefully you are preggy) but FX!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->