Vomitting and Diarrhea, Listeria scare?

zenaa

Reaction score
2 days ago I started developing some stomach cramps which turned into vomiting and diarrhea that lasted about 12 hours. It felt like a food poisoning. Because I was always told to beware of Listeria I couldnt help but get my dr to take a blood test. Now im scared for the baby that it might have been listeriosis. Anyone had gastro or similar around 37-38 weeks? I want my baby delivered safe and sound pregnancy has dragged on with so many worries :(

Hun - it's highly, highly unlikely you have listeria even if you've had vomiting and diarrhoea... I had some kind of bug at 23/24 weeks I had sickness and diarrhoea for 10 days, spent 2 in hospital - at no point did they suspect listeria! I had something similar in the first tri and the GP said even if it was food poisoning there was a minute risk of anything affecting the baby. So try to relax! xx

xx

I agree that it likely is NOT listeria. I had horrible nausea and diarrea for two nights in a row at 38 weeks. I thought it was body clearing out for labor :) Doc said it was probably rota virus.

I had two bouts of V&D at 20ish weeks and 30 something weeks pregnant. The second time I felt like I had food poisoning with cramps and chills. My baby was completely fine and is now a monkey of a toddler!

Personally sounds like body clear out which is common from 38w.

Could be clear out or a typical bout of gastroenteritis which is REALLY common this time of year. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks girls, its possibly just a simple gastro but being pregnant I couldnt risk not getting it tested hoping its negative. My dr said he hasnt encounteres listeria in his office so we'll see how things go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->