Vrinda girl has arrived-Vaginal delivery-Slow labor

Vrinda

Reaction score
I wanted a complete natural birth experience at hospital and had prepared my birth plan just day before I was in labor as we were actually expecting her at the end of October and she chose to arrive on 2nd :)

On october 1st, I started having something like urinary incontinence ( I was not sure if it was my waters or urine but mostly it looked and felt like I had lost control on my bladder) and needed to go to loo quiet often and even the pads were not helping much, I had to change them often...

I was actually searching BnB forums about it whether this is the start !

No pains etc still... until midnight... I was sleeping so I had kept a maxi pad just in case the leakage was more. When I got up for toilet, I had lost control, my maxi pad was soaking wet and I had some water on my legs.

Even then, I thought this is not waters- it must be urine, because there was NO POOL of waters just a bit more leakage thats what I thought... But then while urinating, there was slight blood and so I got concerned as everytime I went to toilet there was slight blood...

So we decided to go to hospital next morning.
We were still not sure if this was my water or urine.

October 1 Morning

My husband said that hospital staff will laugh if we go like this ( I was not in pain etc) and that we will be sent back home.

But after speaking with family, we decided to just go in and get it checked no harm in that...
So we went,and boy- right- THAT was waters!

And staff said you are not going anywhere until you deliver baby:happydance:

Now comes the BIRTH LABOR STORY

I was hardly 1 cm dliated, so they send me to pre delivery room.. I was waiting there for about all day! and still nothing! So they wanted to give me some white pills ( dont know what its called) to start the labor...

But since I wanted all to go natural, I resisited and asked to wait....didnt know that later on I would be induced...

IT was really really slow...but that did not really concern me...

They kept checking me, and monitoring baby heart beat... I was not having strong contractions still.

I was actually looking forward for having stronger contractions lol
and have the labor progress
( my first birth)

They decided to give me antibiotics- I resisted but they somehow got me conviced I need to have it.

Again nothing significant all night... Mild contractions and irregular still...

But the night was not easy, everytime there was contractions I had to get up could not sleep all night!

October 2 Morning

They kept checking me if I am progressing...
Now I was having quiet stronger contractions with some pattern- every 10 min or so...

But still not enough- I was very slow

I do not understand why being slow was their concern but their reason was waters broke ( I dont think all waters came out though it was so little that came out)

So they wanted to give me Oxytocin to speed up, I kept delaying it...
Until at about 12-30 they just had to force me to agree on it.

This is induction right?

Didnt wanted but they just

Now boy after that contractions came in very close lasted about 45 unbearable seconds...

Sitting on ball was like sitting on fire.

Sitting on stool was like sitting on cactus with fire.

And doctor came to examine me every 15-20 min and made me lie down on bad and during contractions it hurt so much I would just jump out of the bed and out of window!
That much it hurt when she put her hands down there to examine me...
to see how much I was dilated

Still only 5-6 CM

so she gave more dose of Oxytocin, and it hurt so much again

I lost control on my bladder.. Everytime I drink water or juice, next contraction I would pee it out...

I did not eat much because of this reason...

and then about 4 pm she checked me again and I was 7 CM

I started walking a bit as she recommened and during standing, I had already star ted having urges to push... I was trying to breathe properly and not to push until they say but it was totally out of control...

Nurse again came in and prepared the chair position to push..
And I was happily on it, thinking finally my 30+ hours labor will sooon come to last stage of delivery..

PUSH

So they guided me how to push and I tried to follow that and in about 10 min my baby was out!

They put her on my chest- I was in sweating hospital dress, didnt realise skin-to-skin before push so I had that dress on...anyway

But then I did not realize, doctor had done Episiotomy ( many things happened quite opposite to what I wrote in birth plan)

Also cord was cut and placenta was delivered quickly , unlike my plan- when its stop pulsating etc.

It was all so quick!

My baby was taken for measurements and I was waiting for the stitches get done by doctor

And then I could lie down, and rest about half an hour or so with baby and my husband...

Then they asked me to wash after try to stand up

When I got up, I immediately felt the faint!
I almost fainted, I could walk slowly after delivery...
But I think its better thats why they recommend to stand up after delivery.

Above all it was all fine,

I love my girl- She was born very healthy and aware!

I will keep editing this one, right now just rush in to write briefly about our birth story.

Thanks for the lovely birth story and will look forward to see anymore updates :) Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->