vtech innotab or similar?

harveygirl

Reaction score
Any recommendations? Half thinking of getting one for dd who will be almost 6. Although am unsure as don't want her too into technology/having to limit her time on it etc. Her cousin has a digigo and she keeps talking about it, however have read very bad reviews of them. Are the innotabs any good, or are they more or less the same as regular tablet?

Imo innotab is likely too you guys for a 6 year old. We got them for our boys a few years back and my 6 year old hardly plays with it anymore. My 4 year old will play with it but we got her a leap pad platinum on clearance and she loves it. We majorly limit time on it and since we started that way we really dont have issues with them following the limitations.

Oh and my 8 year old has a regular small tablet with no Internet access and the price is about the same. We plan on that for our 7 year old for Christmas so he can read as well as some games.

Thanks. Will look into regular tablet. Was looking them up even the more expensive ones are cheaper than the innotab. Plus vtech seems to get awful reviews due to some hacking thing?!

DD 5 has the leappad which age still enjoys using anf I can see her continuing to use it for another couple of years. She plays games and listens to music on it. She also has the kids kindle fire which is great too in a different way. Age watches tv shows, plays apps and reads books on it. Would recc both.

Both my LO's had innotabs and they were rarely played with. They were slow so they got very frustrated with them. They now have a regular tablet with no internet access (unless supervised) which they both prefer and are great for apps that my Lo's school recommend for home learning

There a complete waste of money. Got 1 for my son didn't like it to slow you need to pay for games he much preferred my tablet and the games on that. X

I bought one for my youngest last Christmas as he was showing an interest in his brothers tablets. He was just turned 2 at the time. Its been used a handful of times and that's it. He much prefers the Samsung tabs we have.

Honestly if go for a regular tablet as you can pop on as many restrictions as you like very easily. There are some fantastic educational apps you can buy too. X

We got our two boys Amazon Fire Kids tablets last year and they've been well used. You can put parental controls (like no internet or no spending cash on apps) on easily and they come with a protective case. The thing that sold it for us was the fact Amazon will replace it if it gets broken within two years, no matter how it happened.

We had one when oldest was 3 and its never really been looked at. They both have proper tablets now and you can find loads of good educational apps for free which with the innotabs you either have to buy the games or pay for apps.
We have an amazon fire tablet and you can put parental controls on it.

We got our two boys Amazon Fire Kids tablets last year and they've been well used. You can put parental controls (like no internet or no spending cash on apps) on easily and they come with a protective case. The thing that sold it for us was the fact Amazon will replace it if it gets broken within two years, no matter how it happened.

This. My LO got one of these last year (he was 3) and it is the most used thing ever, well worth the money. I do limit his time on it, but they're fab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->