Wait or Not?

vanillastar

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I miscarried 6/26. I was about 8 weeks along. I had my follow up with my dr today. It went well my beta was 19 so she wants me to come back in a week to get it checked again. She wants me to wait one cycle before ttc again. (so get my first AF back and then one cycle) I really dont want to wait. I feel fine about everything, I mean it sucked yet, but Im ready to move forward. I have pretty long cycles, usually right around 45 days. She did say I could start birth control on Sunday and be on it for a few month so that it would shorten up the time. I dont really want to put more hormones in my body when Im trying to get back to normal. What would be the harm in not waiting? Since my cycles are so long, if I do happen to ovulate this time around I wont ovulate until around the first week of August.

So I guess my question is have any of you decided not to wait when your doctor wanted you to? If you didnt wait (either because you didnt want to your your dr said it was okay) and you got pregnant before your first AF how did the pregnancy go? Is there a high risk if you dont wait?

If you didnt wait and you were told to - and you got pregnant what did you tell your dr? (Like why you didnt wait)

I think they only say wait for dating purposes. You sound like you're eager to try again, so why not. I wasn't told not to try again so soon as my doctor had no problem with this.
I was nearly 9 weeks along when I mc, but I saw it coming, so I guess I grieved then. I started ttc as soon as 3 days after my mc..
35 days later and I'm still waiting for AF with a few pregnancy symptoms. I've read a lot of people on here have a miscarriage then go on to have healthy babies. I wouldn't worry to much as if you're emotionally ready there shouldn't be a problem.
Hope this helps a little! Good luck with what you decide hun x

TBH - what can they say when you are already pregnant? So long as the baby is ok there is no problem. The main reason for waiting is for dating. Also for your uterus to recover, but many people say they are more fertile straight after a miscarriage so you never know.

hello hun i had my first mc on 13/6 and were told to wait a cycle but we have gone straight back to trying again i dont use opks but im pretty sure i have ovd this cycle.. im not expecting a pregnancy so soon but if i do happen to get a bfp im going to wait before going to the docs and then just tell them ive had positive tests and dont know how far on i am as havent had a period since mc.. naughty but no harm im taking my vitamins so can wait a while before seeing a doctor .. whatever decision you make everyone in here will support you 100%
xx

I do feel like Im ready, but other people have told me that if you dont wait then the uterus might not be ready and might regect another pregnancy. I dont want to have to grieve two losses. Although other things I have read have said that if your uterus isnt ready it won't implant anyways. I know that I have really long cycles, so if I do ovulate it (and its around the time I normally would) it won't be until the first week of August or so. That makes 4 weeks inbetween to let things heal. That seems to me like plenty of time to wait, but I dunno. I guess I have awhile until I ovulate so I have awhile to think about it. I was just thinking that if I was going to wait that I would take the birth control pill the month I waited that way it would give me a shorter cycle that month (28 days instead of 45) and a shorter wait.

I know that drs just give you advice. I think when she said heal she ment emotionally because I was really upset before and she kept on telling me to remember it was nothing I did to make it happen, even though I told her I was fine. In the end DH and I will make the decision because we are adults and the dr isnt my boss lol. I just dont know at this point what I really think I should do. On one hand I really dont want to wait, but I also want to have a healthy pregnancy next time.

My frinds mum is a nurse in a fertility clinic and they actually encourage people who have had a m/c to try straight away mainly because you are still very fertile and have a better chance of conception.

I think as long as your hormones have settled back down and you have no infections ect then I would start trying again.

This is what I intend to do.

I had a m/c at 6 weeks. It wasn't a planned pregnancy as we have just had a baby 3.5 months ago but we didn't use any contraception so it just happened.

I started to bleed last sunday and I was gutted but we want to try staright away as we realised it is what we want. We already have two older sons who are 4 years apart in age and this time we want a closer gap in ages.

I am excited but very nervous to try for a :bfp: again. I have never had a m/c before so it was a complete shock to me but talking to my friends, I never realised how common it was until they all started saying they had too at some stage in their life.

It seems it is a taboo subject which is awful because you shouldn't have to bottle up your emotions like that. I am glad I can come here and talk about it and I think that is an important part of the grieving process.

I wish you all luck on your way to your :bfp: ,

Cathy xxx

Well, I have been reading some stuff about late ovulation (CD 21+) and it having a larger risk of miscarraige. The cycle I concieved I ovulated CD 30. I know I ovulated late with my son and he was fine, but Im not sure if I should sit out until I get first AF and then take soy isoflavones to move my O date up or not. I know the soy works for some and for others it doesnt. I havent tried it as I got pregnant our first month trying but a friend of mine O'd and got pregnant her first month trying it after not Oing on her own for 5 months.

Anyone else here O late and heard it has a higher risk of miscarraige?

Well, Ive decided that we are going to try straight away. If I ovulate about the day that I think I will (assuming next thurdsay my beta is <5) then if I ovulate that day and get a BFP I will have the exact same due date as I did with my first. So i would have gotton preggo the exact same day as I did 3 years ago with my lil boy. :) Feels like a sign to me. Of course I may not ovulate then, maybe earlier, maybe later, maybe not at all. But I was trying to predict when I might and I was thinking I got preggo with my first in early August and decided to look and see what the due date might be if I ovulated and concieved and there it was. I definetly think its a sign. Hopefully a good one.

We lost our baby at around 7 weeks and MC a week later on 18/6.

We haven't used any protection since and do not plan on doing so O:)
I don't think I've ovulated yet as my temps don't show it and I'm still testing pregnant :)() so doubt I could ov with all those hormones around.

We took a long while to conceive so I'm not wasting a single oppurtunity!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->