waiting for a cheque to clear

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I put a cheque in the bank (halifax) on tuesday and was told it would take 4 working days to clear...do i count tuesday as a day?

checked the bank today and its showing the right balance but the money isnt available yet:shrug:

Will it be available saturday or will it be monday?

It would have gone in at the end of the working day so you wouldn't count tuesday. Saturday is also not counted so unless it goes through quicker than they said, it wont be available until monday.x

I'm not sure about other banks but Natwest do class the day you put the cheque in as the 1st working day as long as it goes in by 3oclock. Usually mine shows up the right balance within a day or 2 but doesn't become available until 1-2 days after that.

Also Saturday isn't usually classed as a working day but it might be worth a check just incase. :)

I have always been told the day you pay it in is classed as the first working day. I think it all depends on who you bank with and which bank the the cheques come from. It can take anywhere from 3-5 working days so I'd say it'll be there Monday as Saturdays aren't classed as working days. HTH a bit!!!

it wont clear until monday the day ypu pay it in is classes as day zero thats across all banks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->