Wakes up the second she is put down!

AC81

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice about how to break the cycle of needing to sleep on someone or in someone's arms? Erin will only sleep at night on me, in bed with me. I'm concerned about the safety of this (had a lecture from hv about it already), not to mention OH is totally fed up! Nap times are the same. I've tried putting her down when asleep - she wakes immediately. I've tried putting her down awake, she just screams. OH tried letting her cry it out last night, but I think she's too young for that approach.

Once asleep on me however, she's a brilliant sleeper and will only wake once through the night for a feed (so there is a part of me that doesn't want to rock the boat!).

I felt like an evil mummy when getting Amelia to sleep on her own had to introduce a dummy and now she wont sleep on me :cry: at all have you tried swaddling works for some babies Amelia wont have any of it prefers to be free

I don't really now what to suggest just that i hope it gets better for you have you tried co-sleeping i have amelia's cot pushed right up to the side of my bed so she can see me and i can reach to put a hand on her to let her know I'm still there

good luck

Gem x

You can do controlled crying.. Get her to a drowsy stage and put her down... If she cries dont pick her up but rub her tummy or whatever... when she calms down leave and return if she gets upset sometimes... Around a month old Jasmine tried crying when bein put down and I did this for about an hour and it did eventually work... but she has always been a good sleeper at night.

The earlier good habits are started the easier it is on everone.

Renah does this in the day but not at night. I just make sure she has loads of playtime before her nap and then she'll stay down for about a half hour

personally I coudlnt do controlled crying. I do let my LO cry a bit now, but he's nealry 7 months old. No way could I at 2 months, it's too young - a baby cant be overly cuddled to sleep or reassured in the first 3 months.
Dont worry about the falling asleep in arms thing too much - oyur baby is very young and this could just be a phase. I bet it'll change as she ages.

Just now at 6.5 months my LO has been old enough to sleep on his own. Before then he wasnt able so I didnt push it. IF he wanted cuddles he got them.

have you tried swaddling her hun, maybe then when she is put down she will be snuggled enough not to notice, we have this problem when we stopped swaddling and i tried it again last night and it worked really well

Lou
xxx

Have you tried Lavender OIL??? I read yesterday that as its very carming to put a few dabs on where your LO sleeps, we have settled Amber in her cot for the last two nights and the lavender has helped! We have also got a light show and when we pop her down put on the light show with the music, and no other lights, it works!! she is happy to lay there and nod off!

hmm ya! I have a lavender/camomile plug in!

Jasmine has slept alone and well since 1 week... I dont see anything wrong with it.. she gets cuddled all day, and I beleive in doing things the way you want from the beginning. Changing how things work a bunch of times can upset younger children. Its much easier to get a newborn accustomed to things then a 7 month old whose only known sleeping with mum, or being cuddled to sleep etc.

jmo though.

I think every parent is different just like every baby is. For me though, I think I'd definitely try swaddling and other things before controlled crying (just my opinion, as like tinytoes I haven't felt Alasdair was able to get himself off to sleep until just a couple of weeks ago. And now it works wonderfully - it's like he needed to be this old for it to work). You should try swaddling in something you wear. When Alasdair was tiny that got him to sleep for a lot longer in his moses basket. Also, is she getting cold? There is all this stuff about babies overheating but we found Alasdair was cold rather than warm and putting an extra layer on really helped him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->