waking for last bottle....

Gem13

Reaction score
Hattie has been sleeping through from 10.30ish-6ish for about 10 days now which is fab :) the problem is that in the evening she falls asleep in her chair about 8.30/9 and it's such a job to wake her for the 10pm feed. We strip her off for nappy change which works sometimes or we use a damp flannel to wash her face. She wants the bottle when she's awake but how do I keep her awake to finish it? I know if she doesn't drink it all she won't go through. Any suggestions?

To give her the final bottle of the day. X

But if she isn't waking for the bottle maybe she doesn't need it??

Possibly but it would mean her going from 6pm to 6am.

Babies will wake when.they are hungry. My daughter still wakes for 2 bottles during the night. Let your lo sleep until they are ready for a feed :)

If she's truly hungry, she'll wake up. Unless you've been advised to feed her every so many hours because of weight gain issues by your GP or midwife, then I wouldn't wake her. She'll wake up if she's hungry. Just make sure she's fed on demand as much as she wants during the day. And enjoy getting some sleep! Gosh, I wish my 2 year old slept that well.

I'm with you, having the same issue with LO. He's sleeping through from about 10pm to 6-7am. He falls asleep around 6-7pm after his 6pm feed, but if I let him sleep through he'd wake up around 2-3am for a feed.

My Dr. said it was ok to wake him around 10, change his diaper to get him up, feed him, and then swaddle him and put him down. Right now my LO is on 5 6oz bottles per day. My plan is to wait until he's about 3 months and up his bottles to 7 - 8 oz four times a day and see how that goes. If he has his first bottle at around 7am, then 12pm, then 4pm, and his bedtime bottle at 8pm, and bedtime. But only time will tell if that'll work - I'm a FTM so I'm also trying to figure this out as I go along.

How many oz is your LO eating and how often during the day? Whats your average feeding schedule?

I agree with others, I have learned not to wake just to feed. My 6 month old goes 12 hours without eating when he sleeps at night.

Check to see how much lo is eating through the day. If she is eating enough through the day and gaining weight appropriately then there is no issue. I would just put lo to sleep and if she sleeps through the night then you are fine.

my 9 week old eats on demand, usually every 2-3 hours and 4-5 onz per feed. she goes to bed around 7pm and sleeps until 6-7 am.

she does take 6 onz during her first feed of the day. she is gaining weight beautifully, so my rule is never wake her to feed, she will let me know when shes hungry.

good luck hun xx

Sounds like you may just have to bring bed time forward. Maybe bring that last feed in sooner than 10pm. If your LO is falling asleep around 8:30, give the last bottle at this time and let them go to sleep. She will wake if she's hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->