walking to induce question

SurpriseBub

Reaction score
So I am wishing and praying to get baby out to no avail... which has lead me to look at other ways to encourage labor. For the past couple of days I have gone for a fairly brisk 30 minute walk. My stomach does definitely tense/cramp and I feel the sharp hits of baby on cervix (hooray!) ...but just wondering: are you meant to keep walking through cramping? I figure that is the idea, but just wanted to check. My instincts from early pregnancy say cramping = stop... so just wanting to see whether anyone else is trying it? Does it tense up your bump, too?

With my first I would take a 30-40 min brisk walk every night for almost two weeks.... I think that in combination with dtd :winkwink: helped my water to break right on my due date.

This time, I'm hoping to avoid labour because I have an ECS in 11 days...

I have to say it's hard for me to keep walking when the cramps get heavy, but I suppose it's the pressure of baby on your cervix that helps move things along.

I have been trying to keep walking through them. The doctor told me if I can't walk through them anymore, then they are more likely to be "real" contractions.

Definitely tightens the bump, though. :) My bump is so sore that just walking rather hurts at this point. But I am carrying on: it's time for this baby to come OUT!

I kept walking. I remember walking round and round the block when I was overdue with my first. The day before she was born, I walked for about half an hour, then I had some tightening just as I approached home, so I set off on my route again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->