Want to share a moment...

kealz

Reaction score
We are currently waiting on asd assessment for our ds (nearly 3).

Yesterday was, what I call, a very autistic day. Lots of shrieking, screaming, arm flapping, little eye contact or reacting to his name. With a 5 month old baby at home too, yesterday I was struggling to manage and was in floods of tears by the time dh came home. When ds is having a difficult day, I worry about him all the more, about his future and what his long term needs might be.

Well usually, bad day or not, ds shows no empathy towards others. But today... his little brother was lay crying on his blanket b/c he's teething, I got up to get some Bonjela. Ds, who was playing with his bricks, looked at me and then at his baby brother. He gathered some bricks, took them over and put them his brother's chest.

I have never seen him do anything like that before and was so proud to watch him offering something he loves to make his brother feel better. It brought a tear to my eye as in that moment, not only was I feeling so much pride in my big boy but it also gave me hope for the future that things won't always be this way and he is capable of things we are yet to see. :)

That sounds really amazing. What a lovely thing for you to have witnessed and got your eldest to have done.

Children are amazing x

That is so amazing. Every little bit helps, doesn't it? My son is autistic as well and I relish those moments. And I know what you mean by an "autistic day". We have those too.

Thanks ladies, it might seem like a small thing to some but I knew you guys would understand the significance. I wrote it up as an observation and gave it to his nursery - I want it recorded in his development profile! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->