Wanting a baby, messing up my cycle?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
Eh this is strange so figured i'd post it here.

My cycles used to be kinda regular, I didn't chart or write it down so it's kinda hard to think back but I've never missed a period in my life.

So..
2 cycles ago I was 15 days late, got a 2 day period (which i've never had before, that short?!), then a month later it was normal again (on time and about 5 days) and it came @ the right time it was supposed to according to my last normal cycle..
I was supposed to have my period today and it didnt show up either..

Now about 3 months ago I started going baby nuts..can this have something to do with it?
Like hormones or something?

I'm not pregnant since I tested 2 cycles ago like 5 times, and last cycle was normal.

Im confused and hoping my period will show up soon and now be weird again.

btw:im gonna start charting n temping tomorrow, just to get started so i know for sure if i ovulate next month and when.

I believe it can happen - I think it happened to me when I realy wanted to be pregnant. My once perfect 28 day cycles became really long, my periods changed and were light, and kept stopping and starting. It was really freaking my out and I wondered if somehow I could have gotten pregnant even though we were using protection.

My doctor confirmed that my cycles were being messed up - he said that it was caused by stress raising my progesterone levels and delaying menstruation. It also increased PMS symptoms hugely, which I then mistook for pregnancy symptoms.

My doctor said it is most often seen in teenagers who are very worried that then have fallen pregnant and their periods can stop altogether for months (which of course makes them even more convinced they are pregnant!). If it can happen to them, then I am pretty certain it can happen the other way around - to women who really want to be pregnant. Anyway, once I calmed down and relaxed and took my mind off wanting to be pregnant my cycles went back to normal.

I know that isnt very helpful - I know its really really hard to think about other things sometimes! Just wanted to let you know that I think the same thing happened to me - hope it helps! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->