Warning about Coq10!

crazycoolmom

Reaction score
Ok so I keep telling myself to think positive! But I am sooooooo frustrated. I am 34 and thought hey since I like the benefits of COQ10 why not take 100mg of it to boost egg quality. I also took 50mg of clomid this cycle and I ovulate on my own just late. Anyway so this month I was sure I would ovulate early like cd12 or 13. My Opks were getting progressively darker everyday, in the meantime was taking the coq10. I'm now cd 14 and Opks early in the day are starting out dark so hopefully I will go ahead and get my surge and ovulate in the next few days.

From the research I did coq10 can act as a blood thinner just like baby aspirin. And baby aspirin causes me to not ovulate at all until I stop it for a few days so I guess I'm one of those people that shouldn't take it at all.

Just thought I would post an fyi.

Thanks for this. I started COQ10 this month and last and do not appear to be ovulating. Think I will stop it and see what happens!

That's probably best. I stopped and got my positive opk on cd 16! Im on cd 18 and have ovulated ln I want to start taking the q10 at 50mg again during my tww so I can take it during pregnancy but I'm nervous.

thanx for the post!!

I have taken baby aspirin this cycle from cd6 and i usually ovulate cd13 which is today but OPK is neg and i have no sign of Os, so do you think baby aspirin is the cause?

Thanks for this. I started COQ10 this month and last and do not appear to be ovulating. Think I will stop it and see what happens!
Ok so I keep telling myself to think positive! But I am sooooooo frustrated. I am 34 and thought hey since I like the benefits of COQ10 why not take 100mg of it to boost egg quality. I also took 50mg of clomid this cycle and I ovulate on my own just late. Anyway so this month I was sure I would ovulate early like cd12 or 13. My Opks were getting progressively darker everyday, in the meantime was taking the coq10. I'm now cd 14 and Opks early in the day are starting out dark so hopefully I will go ahead and get my surge and ovulate in the next few days.

From the research I did coq10 can act as a blood thinner just like baby aspirin. And baby aspirin causes me to not ovulate at all until I stop it for a few days so I guess I'm one of those people that shouldn't take it at all.

Just thought I would post an fyi.
Hi everyone! I cannot take aspirin (81 mg low dose) it causes me to stop lh surge and no ovulation. I took one coq10 and stopped as I from research determined it is almost the same as an NSAIDS or aspirin. Also fish oil as similar properties. I am sensitive to meds so stopped taking these as they are stopping my ovulation. I am so frustrated. 6 months past my last miscarriage ( I had 3 last year) and supplements making it worse. Going back to prenatal only

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->