**Warning*** Picture included. 11 month old pierced my nipple :(

themaybaby

Reaction score
I need help from any bf'ing moms that have gone though this. My son has left me with a small gash underneath my nipple. It is so painful to breastfeed, but if I don't it gets so full which is also uncomfortable. My question is if this has happened to you, what did you do? Did you keep breastfeeding? I don't have a pump. I never got an electric one and I threw away my manual. How did you heal yours? How long did it take to heal? :( Any help will be gratefully appreciated. I included a picture so you can see how deep it is, though the quality isn't that great at all. Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 34
Can yo try a different nursing position so that the gash is by his nose or cheek instead of in his mouth?

Or you could hand express. It might take a few tries to find the optimal place to squeeze but once mastered it is a really efficient and gentle method of milk removal.

Oh, that looks really painful!! I definitely wouldn't want to nurse or pump over that kind of damage. I second PP, hand expression would probably be the way to go. You may not be able to get as much milk out as baby, but at least to bring relief from engorgement while you heal up for a couple of days. After that, I would probably try nursing with a shield at first to give more time for healing. I don't think it would be possible to nurse without that area going into LO's mouth.

Not sure if that helps, but wanted to respond. So sorry!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->