Was that my waters!!!

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Ok so me and dh dtd and I cleaned myself up afterwards like always put fresh undies on say down on the couh while dh fetched me my nightly cravings of maccas lol well
I stood up to go get a drink and I felt a massive gush like I had wee'd myself. I know I didn't so I went to the toilet and had a look and sniff lol I know right. Anyways I had light grey undies on and there was at least a cup full off water in them and a fleck of pink (blood) I have since put in a maternity pad (only ones in the house) and am laying down waiting to see if when I get up I leak anything. Getting constant tightenings since which usually I get 1 after the big O and then nothing but I'm getting heaps and lower back ache.

Does this sound like my waters or just lots and lots o stuff from dh?

Im no expert but it sounds like waters to me hun, unless your oh has been 'saving up' for ages!? Lol. Good luck!

I'm so scared about standing up. I hope it's not my waters I'm only 34 weeks =(

And it shouldn't be oh as it had only been 3 days since our last dtd

What did it smell of?

It really sounds like waters, get straight on to your midwife or hospital, they'll want to check you out. It might not be all of it and it can regenerate itself so try not to panic, but you need to be checked out :hugs:

Well I stood up after half
Hour to go to the toilet. I don't think there is anything on my pad but its so thick it's hard to tell I'm still getting tightenings. I don't want to go in for nothing as its 10pm here so ill have to get my grandma out of bed to come around and sit here with the kids. If I do start getting painful contractions or I leak again ill be going straight in. I was really expecting it to be wet when I stood up. Babes is still moving about lots between tightenings

This happened to me and it was bath water! I proper freaked out tho. It did it twice. Changed my undies then wet them again!

Baby at this point is fine with a low fluid level so unless you start having contractions I think you would be fine until the morning.

The midwife told me to lay down for an hour... If it doesn't happen again then it's alright.

Yeah I'm laying down again now still having lots of tightenings. I haven't bathed for a week or so just showers so deff not bath water. (That's happened to me before to lol)

Mmmm sounds a bit suss lol the only way I can describe the smell of waters is pretty bland like its not a potent strong smell, similar to Milton(sterilising fluid) with a sweet hint to it haha

What happens if u cough? Or try pushing bubs around in ur belly a bit, if its ur waters this will deff make more come out xx

Ok will wee once again ( no idea where it's coming from Havnt drank anything) and then will play with bubba abit. She's awake ATM so shouldn't be too hard to get her moving lots down there

Even if she moves for a bit it should make some come out if that's what it is! After my waters went with my son I would loose some more water after a contraction ended but then again more went with a gush and tons came out :-s

Ohhh the waters situation is a tricky one to know exactly with an obvious flooding lol

Ok so went to the toilet and there is a small spot of pink fluid on pad. It's only the size of my pinky nail

I would say get it checked out for the main reason that your not full term yet..it's worth the trouble to be safe than sorry...especially if your seeing pink in it from what I hear if it is your waters leaking pink or any other color could mean infection or distress.

Ok so spent the night in hospital. Was put on the trace for half hour and was getting regular tightenings along with back cramping badly every 4-5 minutes. Bubs heart rate was great. I was then given an cervical exam with the spectulum thing (duck bills) it hurt soooo bad my cervix is still quiet posterior and of course I had a stupid trainee that had no idea what he was doing so no idea if I'm dialatin or not or if its short or long. There was pooling of some sorts but once again she has no idea and has sent off swabs to be tested as their ph test came back negative but apparently they are not accurate. So I'm still none the wiser until tomorrow. Still in pain in my back and lots of tightenings.

Do they keep you in hospital till then? Or have they sent you home?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"