Washing machine for washing diapers

Pink Petals

Reaction score
Buying a new washer after having too many issues with mold in my current one.

I feel leary about getting another front loader, but I love the high efficiency they offer.

For family laundry and CDing, what would you recommend for features?

Dare I get another front loader? :wacko:

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have gotten a front loader. Sometimes it seems as if our clothes aren't as clean as they could be, but that's just my opinion. ;) Plus, even before DD came it would smell after a couple washes and I would do a vinegar wash to clean it out and get rid of the stink.

I don't use cloth diapers, but I have an LG top load high efficiency washer. I love it, but we had the dryer too and it wouldn't work. Like it actually did NOT work at all so we had to return that. There weren't many top load HE washers when we bought ours, but they do exist.

Everybody has a front loader in the UK so I think it's probably just the way you use them that really matters.

It is important to regularly clean them including the seal around the door and the drawer.

For nappies, you will need to do extra rinses/reduce detergent, which can be a bit of a pain but then you get the extra efficiency for your other washing which is good, I think it's worth it. If you do get a HE/front-loader, I'd just make sure it will be easy to set up extra rinses. On my previous one, I had to go back after the wash, set a rinse, go back after that and set another etc. With my current one, I can set it to do extra rinsing without my input which is good.

Go for a front loader if you can swing it! The way I see it is even if it's a little more work for the diapers, you won't be washing them forever but you'll be washing your kid's clothes forever :)

Thanks! I found a front loader with a "bulky" setting that adds more water. Sounds perfect for dipes! :happydance:

Wondering if i should bleach my stash in the old washer or new one. I don't want to bring mold ino the new one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->