Watching what you eat?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
Hey, I keep hearing about breastfeeding moms having to avoid foods such as milk, or chocolate because baby was "allergic"?

How did you know baby was allergic?

TIA

This is actually a really common misconception, it is quite rare for babies to have food sensitivities but doctors that aren't educated in bf will often jump to that conclusion. I know one person that actually had a dairy sensitivity and baby had chronic bloody poops until she eliminated dairy. Things like fussiness, gassiness are just normal newborn stuff and rarely caused by what you eat :)

My daughter had cows milk protein intolerance and I had to give up dairy. We knew she had it because she had explosive green poos and a terrible sore tummy that came back if I ever ate anything with milk in.

I only breastfed her for 4 months and when I stopped she had to go on special formula. She didn't completely outgrow it until shortly after she turned 3. Even now if she has too much dairy in one day she will get a sore tummy.

There is a lady at my breastfeeding group whose son has a severe milk allergy and he comes out in a bright red rash of she has even the tiniest bit of dairy. It seems that different babies react differently.

Several of my LO's have had a dairy protein intolerance. They each had varying signs ranging from sore tummies, projectile vomiting at every feed, discolored watery stools, rashes/extreme acne, and general fussiness.

My youngest has several other food allergies/sensitivities that we caught by being on an elimination diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->