Water heater making funny noise

C

charlie_lael

HI ladies, don't know if you can help me but I have a question about my water heater.

It's gas and we've lived here since July and it's never made this sound or smell before.
It sounds like a tea kettle and it smells like.... stale mc donald's french fries? Lol. That's the best I can describe the smell. The apartment complex I live in was supposed to send someone out to look at it last month just to check on it, they did this for the whole complex, but no one showed up at our place. So I'm kind of nervous as to what it can be?

I would call someone to look at it as it could have a leak in it. I have an electric one so I don't know if that happening on occasion is normal or not but I am guessing it isn't.

Could be air in the system, does it make like a banging klonking noise?
Get someone to come look.
Could be as simple as draining or bleeding the rads but better to be safe if its strong smell. X

Ours is an old gas heater and it sounds like a kettle sometimes like i can hear water boiling and bubbling when i've left the hot water button on for too long, never had any smell from it though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->