Water intake

littlemisscie

Carrying #3❤
Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to drink all the water we're supposed to? I don't drink soda and have maybe one coffee a day but am really struggling to drink the large amount of water we're supposed to.

I've tried teas, adding fruit, apps, etc but just can't seem to do it.

Any other advice?

I never naturally drink a lot of water, unless I'm breastfeeding. I really struggle to remember to drink it. When I'm pregnant, I tend to get UTIs when pregnant if I don't drink enough, so I get into the habit quickly! I have two 32 oz water bottles. I fill them half way with water and put both in the freezer. In the morning, I drink a cup of water as soon as I get out of bed. I have a mini-fridge in my room and use this water to take my thyroid medication, but if I didn't need that, I'd drink it with a vitamin. When I come downstairs, I take out my first 32 oz bottle, fill it the rest of the way with water and keep it with me at all times. The moment that one's empty, I do the same with the second bottle. Any time I look at it or think of it, I drink some. I am not allowed to eat lunch until my first bottle is empty. I'm not allowed to eat dinner until my second bottle is empty. If I'm hungry enough, I will chug it down so I can go eat. Hahaha. I will then have another cup or more of water while in bed. I also drink two cups of coffee per day. It's just a habit you've got to form, and if you can't form it, maybe threaten yourself with starvation like I do. lol

I find carrying a bottle of water around with me helps as it reminds me and eat a lot of watery fruit to compensate dont know if it helps or not. lol x

Thanks for the replies! I also have a hard time eating what I'm supposed to! We're such a go,go,go family I often eat once a Day:(

I know this is old. I take an 80 oz water bottle to work and by the end of the day have had it all. It has an ice thing in the middle and I put some ice in as well so it stays cool for a while before I just have to drink it warm gag. But I find once I get home I hate getting water/stop drinking as much.

I also really struggle with it and I am a teacher so I find I just don't think about it while I'm busy with the kids all day. Also, if I do drink enough I have to pee constantly which isn't feasible while teaching all day. I just told my students (they are about 10 years old) that my doctor told me to drink more water and that I need to drink one of my water cups every hour. They are awesome at reminding me to drink! And they also understand that at every break I need to run out of the room to go to the bathroom so they go to their lockers quickly. It's been great having them to help me out! Although sometimes I don't want to drink and they make me. They might be a bit too good at their job.

I also really struggle with it and I am a teacher so I find I just don't think about it while I'm busy with the kids all day. Also, if I do drink enough I have to pee constantly which isn't feasible while teaching all day. I just told my students (they are about 10 years old) that my doctor told me to drink more water and that I need to drink one of my water cups every hour. They are awesome at reminding me to drink! And they also understand that at every break I need to run out of the room to go to the bathroom so they go to their lockers quickly. It's been great having them to help me out! Although sometimes I don't want to drink and they make me. They might be a bit too good at their job.

My midwives actually suggested something similar. They said that making sure Mommy drinks a lot of water is a good big brother job and to have my 4 year old keep on me about water.

Yogi I'm a teacher too! I'm doing the potty dance by the time my prep or recess rolls around =\. My kids think it's hilarious haha. But on days I have to go from 10 to 12:15 my VP actually has it in her schedule to come relieve me lol

My doctor told me when I brought this same thing up to drink Gatorade or to make a homemade Gatorade by mixing ice water with some sugar, a little bit of salt, lemon or something similar for flavoring and keeping it in a water bottle to sip on all the time. I've also found that making slushies or snow cones help to give me added dehydration when I'm not feeling too hungry or thirsty. I have three other kids as well so I know how hard it is to remember to eat/drink when you're on the go all the time. HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->