Water Retention

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
How long after giving birth does your body stop retaining so much water?

I have just recently noticed how much water I am retaining and wonder how long after should this pass?!

:hug:

I would love to know this too,I can't remember from my last two boys.
But the water retention has started again.
Last time it was awful.

My MW did tell me that eating fennel and celery helps a lot(I hate celery,LOL)

i drink TONS of water.....
must go buy celery...

I tried to get a head start and drink lots of water through this pregnancy,watermelon etc
Its not working LOL
I must be pre-disposed to bloat up LOL

I do remember drinking lots of water after the births and oh,green tea(at least 5 cups a day) helps :)

i love green tea but have veered away from it since I got PG...paranoia thing about anything too herbal.

I will keep that in mind when babes come. Thanks!

I never drank herbal teas in pregnancy either,afterwards I did and seems to help.

Right now I am drinking lots of water and watermelon :)

Jaylene,
apparently you naturally pee and sweat like crazy for several weeks after giving birth. That's your body getting rid of that extra 25% blood volume you've been hauling around!
Thee are lots of foods that are full of good nutrients and are also natural diuretics (watermelon is a good one).
Not to freak anyone out, as I don't know if the study has been independently reproduced with the same results, but I read a new study in my first tri in which researchers found that green tea significantly reduces your body's ability to absorb folic acid. I decided to avoid green tea for my pregnancy, just in case. It's hard, though, because green tea has so many other huge health benefits. I plan to keep drinking it after birth.

Thanks Sarahkka :hugs:

I have avoided herbal teas for the length of my pregnancy. I am a paranoid freak and do not want to have anything spark early pregnancy or screw something up....I read somewhere that Juniper Berry (I think) could cause contractions and I have a body shop oil to burn that I refuse to light! lol.

However, I will be drinking a TON of green tea once this little man is out!! :)

I am excited to pee and sweat like crazy...:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"