Water stuck in toys?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I've cleaned some of Josh's toys and I was not very bright... I put the fisher price little people animals etc in a bucket of water + bleach to clean them and now there is water stuck inside! There is only a small hole in those and it's almost impossible to shake all of the water out.

:dohh::hissy::dohh::dohh::dohh:

No way I'm giving them back to Josh until there is no more water inside them!

Any tips? :dohh:

If they're made of soft enough plastic you could possibly put a pin hole in the opposite side of the existing hole and the water should just run out... like how you can blow and egg...

Otherwise... maybe if there was some way to heat the toys gently over a long period of time (like all day in front of a heater) and maybe you could get the water to evaporate out.

Just some ideas, no clue if they'd actually work!

Hey, or you could crack them apart and then glue them back together when they're dry.

i done this too but managed to shake it out and then left it by the radiator for a bit, not sure what to say if you cant shake it out xx

eek I wouldn't clean with bleech - Dettol is good for baby stuff :D

I was soft toys etc in the machine (even if they say to surface wash only....they've always been fine) and to clean hard toys I use Nursery wipes which kill germs and clean them up but isn't harmful to babies if they put toys in their mouths afterwards.

I wouldn't recommend using bleach on baby toys as they're gonna go into baby's mouths again at some stage:blush:

Leave the toy with water in out of the way somewhere warm for a day or two and it'll probably disperse itself

I don't clean baby toys with pure bleach ! I'd be nuts :shock: You can safely clean baby toys with diluted bleach & water 1:24, which is what most daycare, nurseries, hospitals do. ;)

https://www.cloroxprofessional.com/healthcenter/sars6.shtml

In daycare settings, mouthed toys should be cleaned and disinfected frequently with a 1:24 diluted Commercial Solutions® Ultra Clorox® Germicidal Bleach1 solution. After wiping toys with bleach solution, allow to stand for 5 minutes before rinsing with a clean, damp paper towel. Then air dry. Set toys aside for cleaning and disinfecting before use by another child. Toys that are frequently handled by infants and toddlers should be washed and disinfected daily.

Maybe put it by a heat source and it may dry up, however if it is stuck i think it is a could idea what has been said before about putting in a pin whole :D

Well I've managed to get the toys really warm and they're softer so it was easy to squeeze them to get the water out! yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->