Water?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
Our LO is 6 months (4 months adjusted age). I've been pumping exclusively for 6 months, but I can no longer keep up with our daughter's feeding needs. She cannot drink formula because she gets terrible constipation and screams night and day when we try. So we've started her on solids and for the past two weeks she's been eating sweet peas and squash.

She used to have one big poop daily, and now she's getting one every 2-3 days. I wouldn't call it constipation, because it's still pretty gooey when it comes out, but it is different and I want to make sure she is adequately hydrated. Is it okay to give water, and if so, how much?

She is eating 1 small jar of baby food a day, split between two bottle feedings (i.e she always gets milk along with the baby food).

I started giving ds2 water quite soon after we started weaning as he dropped a morning bottle so without water he was going from before 8am til about 1.30pm with no drink. I figured I wouldn't go that long myself so started giving him cooled boiled water from a sippy cup. I'm not sure if being premature makes it different as both mine have been over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->