Waters broken but not in labour :S

Padan1111

Reaction score
Woke up this morning, 5:30am and rushed to the toilet just as waters started gushing :S I wasn't sure whether it was my waters or a bladder problem (but I haven't had any issues with that up to this point). So I cleaned up, put a pad on just in case and went back to bed, just for the same to happen 4 times more!

I phoned the delivery ward and they said come in for a check and it was definitely my waters, but I'm not actually in labour :S No contractions, as far as I can tell, just low level period pains and a bit of back ache :S

This is just under 2 weeks early now with my first baby and she will be born one way or another in the next 72 hours! I just hope labour kick starts on it's own because they told me to come back tomorrow at 8am to induce otherwise :S

Anyone know a good way to get contractions going!??

Id get googling there are lots and lots of ideas on there!
Good Luck hun!! XX

What time is it there? The first thing I would do if you have been up for a while is take a nap. If labour hasn't started and you're facing an induction that can be long and tiring. If you haven't been up that long I would go kurb walking, one foot in gutter, on on the kurb, it's got me into labour right before I had a scheduled induction, drink lots of water to keep your fluids up and good luck :)

If you have stairs walking up them sideways and down again like a crab will help get baby down, squatting and bouncing works just as well too. This is how my first borns birth started, waters went but no contractions so had to be induced 3 days later. Good luck! x

Bouncing on your birthing ball or go for a long walk. When I was in labour with nr 1 I had slight back pains and period pains. I started walking and that really turned it into strong contractions.
Good luck! X

Exact same thing happened to me. I held off being induced for a few days though, I just kept an eye on the colour of my waters and movements of the baby and my temperature. They can't make you be induced so its up to you. My waters broke at 4.30pm and my contractions started at 1am, so you've still got time! Even though my contractions were regular they still induced. Nipple stimulation and walking (though not at the same time, might get funny looks) works wonders. Make sure you eat and drink regularly, when being induced they will only allow you isotonic drinks like lucazade or water, no food. So make sure you get some food and get some sleep too. The idea of induction sounds bad, but it really wasn't. I had a great labour after having the drip.

Best of luck sweetheart.

unfortunately no advice from me as this is my first time too but just want to wish you GOOD LUCK!!

My waters went last pregnancy and I had no contractions or anything. I probably would have done all that these ladies had suggested but was admitted because I tested positive for BV. I then had to be induced, which took 2 days. So good luck dear and try all you can to get the contractions started. <3

Bounce, walk, rest!! Be sure to stay super hydrated, though because your body will continue to make amniotic fluid! You might want to try some clary sage in a carrier oil as a massage on the bump and feet! How exciting!! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->