Waters or show? TMI!

Anniebobs

Mum of 1 & due in Nov
Reaction score
Anyone guess what's going on? Had an amazing sleep last night (for once) and only woke up at half 7 for a wee, then went back to bed to have a lie in. Felt like I was still weeing so got up and as I did I felt a lot of fluid coming out, kinda held it to the loo and then it just whooshed into the toilet. There was blood all over my knickers, down my legs, the toilet and the bed. And there were a few globs of something that landed in the toilet (didn't look but heard them) and when I wiped there was a small red glob of something.

Have a pad in now and I'm still leaking watery blood.

Phoned the midwife who said no rush, have my breakfast and sort DD out then come up. And that it could be my show. Does show mean I'm not going to go into labour? It feels like my waters, apart from the blood which is confusing me!

Anyone guess what's going on? Had an amazing sleep last night (for once) and only woke up at half 7 for a wee, then went back to bed to have a lie in. Felt like I was still weeing so got up and as I did I felt a lot of fluid coming out, kinda held it to the loo and then it just whooshed into the toilet. There was blood all over my knickers, down my legs, the toilet and the bed. And there were a few globs of something that landed in the toilet (didn't look but heard them) and when I wiped there was a small red glob of something.

Have a pad in now and I'm still leaking watery blood.

Phoned the midwife who said no rush, have my breakfast and sort DD out then come up. And that it could be my show. Does show mean I'm not going to go into labour? It feels like my waters, apart from the blood which is confusing me!

Sounds to me like both could've gone at the same time?! Good luck!:happydance:

Sounds to me like both if still coming out .. I remember having my show then a hour later waters went. Show looked like red wee in toilet but didn't drip or carry on so if your still leaking I'd say waters too :) good luck xx

I thought both too x good luck x

Show alone wouldnt come out like that, it isnt liquid based (normally) my bloody show i had to hand pull it away basically.

Sounds like it could be your waters taking show along with it.

Definitely sounds like your waters! When you say bloody, was it just your mucous plug tinged with a little blood, or are you bleeding? I'd probably go straight in if it's the latter to be checked over x

Sounds like both. I had a similar experience minus the bleeding and plopping when my waters went at 36+1.
Just kept trickling after that. I never had a show until shortly before I pushed

Never even considered that it could be both :haha:

The doctor confirmed it was definitely my waters but as it had so much bright red blood in it as well they're keeping me in. I'm still bleeding but no regular contractions yet. I'm on antibiotics and 4 hourly checks but the doctor wants to get me to 37 weeks unless it happens on it's own by then. So frustrating - just wish my body could have waited a few days for this!!

Very different to my last labour. I was induced so woke up in hospital and had my waters go with a pop and a whoosh then about 10 minutes later had my show on the loo (bright red wee with globs) and less than an hour later DD was here!

Never even considered that it could be both :haha:

The doctor confirmed it was definitely my waters but as it had so much bright red blood in it as well they're keeping me in. I'm still bleeding but no regular contractions yet. I'm on antibiotics and 4 hourly checks but the doctor wants to get me to 37 weeks unless it happens on it's own by then. So frustrating - just wish my body could have waited a few days for this!!

Very different to my last labour. I was induced so woke up in hospital and had my waters go with a pop and a whoosh then about 10 minutes later had my show on the loo (bright red wee with globs) and less than an hour later DD was here!

Good luck! Hope everything goes well and baby can hang on a few more days!

So the doctors have just been round and have decided that baby needs to come out. My blood sugar readings have gone high (I have GD) my BP is high and my urates are high (had pre-e with DD) and I'm still bleeding so I'm having a scan to check where the placenta is (it was low at one point this pregnancy) then they'll decide whether to induce or c section me. Getting a bit nervous now. Wish me luck!

So the doctors have just been round and have decided that baby needs to come out. My blood sugar readings have gone high (I have GD) my BP is high and my urates are high (had pre-e with DD) and I'm still bleeding so I'm having a scan to check where the placenta is (it was low at one point this pregnancy) then they'll decide whether to induce or c section me. Getting a bit nervous now. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you

Good luck hun! My waters went at 36 weeks and I had a perfectly healthy 6lb 8 oz baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->