Ways to earn extra money

clairelou44

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is posted in the right place, but Im looking for a way of making a little bit of extra money preferably from home, Im not talking a huge amount just £100 a month would be nice. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any good at knitting or sewing? See loads of people on facebook make taggies, dribble bibs, blankets etc and sell them

as pp said selling on facebook. betterware catalogues?
neither of these are guaranteed to make £100 though.
cleaning jobs?
x

You could sell Avon, Partylite Candles, Yankee candles etc but all take time. I've recently taken to selling stuff on ebay. Very recently mind, I've made £2 so far. Woop! Lol. But thats not stuff I'm making, its just suff round the house that I don't need/want. I've been trying to think up ways to make money too so will be watching this thread x

with Avon you have to pay for your catalogues.. betterware you dont. u get 20% commission.
this week ive put in 4 hours work & made £56 in commission. x

Oooh thats not bad! Do you have an area you're allowed to sell to or just family/friends?

with betterware you get an area to do, ive got 1900 houses (sounds alot but its not). you get a new catalogue every 6 weeks.
i put out 230 catalogues & got £56 worth of commission..
it was crap towards xmas i was getting like £20 a week but now xmas has been its picking up again.. x

Bodyshop at home is brill. You do have to pay for kit, but it is incredibly cheap for so much stuff! You can make a great amount and can get free gifts which you could use as bday pressies etc. also if you decide you dont want to do it anymore, if you have done a certain amount of parties you get to keep all the stuff for free!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I have loads of stuff I keep meaning to sell but never get round to it! Wish there was something I was good at that I could start a home business up with!

I am a team leader for Scentsy who launched here last April and still largely unknown everywhere yet!
I remember my first month commission was for £64.30 and I remember bouncing up and down chuffed because something finally worked !!

Its a home fragrance company with 80 different scented wax bars...think Yankee but minus the soot ,flames etc so perfect for homes with children ,pets,elderly relatives etc

We use handmade ceramic warmers which use an LED plate to melt the wax ,never burn so it never ever gets hot :)

I now have 25 on my team and can now say my commissions run into hundreds per month and climbing.

I am usually a thinker and tend to go away and sit on things then kick myself for not taking the chance but not with this.
Hubby told me to go for it as it works round me,no home parties if I don't want to.
No set amount of parties I have to book etc no scripts,no minimum targets.
I sell a LOT on FB and online through my website and do basket parties which is basically the same as a home party but its mobile.I leave the goodies with the host,they don't feel intimidated or put out at having to open their home.
I then collect week later with orders etc

So is perfect for me with the boys and means I don't have to go back to work...bonus!!

Any info/questions give me a shout ,am always 100% honest :)

I know some of my FB friends who are mums usually do crafting - i know someone who does brill cards i.e birthdays, christenings, anniversaries, new baby etc!! and sells them for a £1 each!!

I also know someone else who does cupcakes and sells them and one of my friends makes jewellery at home and sells them at certain shops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->