We can't agree on a girl's name!

MnMommy

Reaction score
DH and I have such different opinions on girls names! It was so much easier for our son! So I'm looking for suggestions. I prefer names that are a little longer than have a natural nickname that comes from it. For example, I LOVE Izabella, with nickname either Izzy or Bella. DH isn't so sure. I'd also kinda like a name that starts with A. I also like Adrianna, with nickname Ade. My preference though is for a nickname that ends in the y or ie sound. Any suggestions?

I personally wouldn't use any name that could be shortened into Bella, since all the Twilight fans are going to be naming their kids Bella over the next couple years. There will probably be 4 Bellas in every classroom.

What about...
Adeline / Addie
Emmaline / Emmie or Emma
Eloise / Ellie or Elsie

Isabella was the top girl name for years before Twilight. There will be Bella's anyway. I wouldn't let a popular movie stop you if you really enjoy the name.

I like Adeline/Addie though, like a PP mentioned!

I agree on Isabella. I love the name, I think is so pretty but over the last 4/5 years I know at least 6 people who have called their children Isabelle/bella/etc, and there are at least a couple per class in the nurseries. It depends if it bothers you, if it doesn't then I would use it. By the time they are old enough to care I dot think twilight will be on anyone's brain!

I really love Isabella and have only seen 1 little girl in my daughter's class with that name over the last 3 years.

Some other suggestions:

Gabriella - nn Gabby, Brie, Ella
Annabella - nn Anna/Annie, Bella
Lillianna - nn Lily, Anna/Annie
Madeline - nn Maddi/Maddy
Julianna - nn Juls, Julie, Anna/Annie
Olivia - nn Livvy
Emelia - nn Emmy, Lia, Meli
Charlotte - nn Charlie, Char, Lottie
Amelia - nn Milly
Eliana - nn Ellie, Elle
Rosalia ;) - nn Lia, Rosa/Rosie/Rose, Sally
Aviana ;) - nn Avi

Good luck :flower:!

We are going with Amelia. We thought her nickname would be Millie (my nan's name) but DD1 says the name more like Mia so that might stick if we can't improve her pronounciation by then!

What about Adrienne (like The Calling song) or Addison (like Grey's Anatomy)? Addy could be the nickname from either of those.

I am absolutely the same!!!!
I love names that have a natural nickname within them and one that can end with the "y" or "ie" sound.

However, once I finally and actually got pregnant NONE of the names I'd loved for so long held a candle. I suddenly became so picky.
I'd had the name Isabella picked out since I was a preteen. However, NOW it's at the top of the charts because the Twilight fans want to call their daughters Bella. I always wanted to use Isabella and use Izzy for short. Now I'm considering the name Isabel BUT with Isabella being top of the charts it'll just factor right in and she'll be called Isabella regardless. I was named Jessica in an era when Jennifer was top of the charts. To this day everyone calls me Jennifer. :growlmad:

Or iv once heard the name Avalon which I think is nice with a nickname Ava

I've worried about the popularity of Isabella/Izabella, but we live in a small town. My son is in daycare and was at another daycare- neither had a single Isabella or Bella. That's not to say there won't be others, but I don't think it is oversaturating our town at least (or at least so far).

I also like Adeline (and DH is even on board with it!) and call her Addie.

You guys have given me other great suggestions I will bring to my DH. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->