• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weak Tummy Muscles? "Pulling" when turning/twisting/bending

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this? Just in the last two days, I've felt a "strained" sensation in my abdominal muscles when bending over, pivoting, etc. I don't have the strongest core per se, and have gained a few pounds recently (5'2", up from 112 to 115). Is this weak tummy muscles compounded by the bloating?

Would love to know if anyone else is experiencing this! Oh, I should also mention I'm only 4.5 weeks. Super bloated, sensitive to smells... that's about it!

I did, but over a month later than you hunny, you 100% with dates? xx

I still get pains when I twist or bend, cough or sneeze. I'm sure its normal :)

It's round ligament pain. I've had it from the start.

Yes i've got this too. I just assumed it was my body getting ready to grow another human being.

Normal. I have had it since about 6 weeks. Your body releases hormones that relax the muscles and ligaments in your body to prepare you for childbirth. It would be very hard to deliver a baby without the muscles and ligaments in your pelvis very relaxed and able to stretch, but it can't be localized to just your pelvis, so your whole body goes through the same process. This is why pregnant women are advised against any heavy lifting - the muscles and ligaments in your back aren't as strong as they usually are so back injuries become more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->