weanin at 16 weeks

anna1986

mummy of 2
Reaction score
i have been advised that weaning my daughter now could help her reflux n help her gain a bit more weight n take more milk.
im worried thou that it will harm her
tried her with baby rice n she hates it as she dont actually like the taste of her milk (nutramigen) so i gave her 1/4 of a rusk n she loved it! (i know rusk arent great for her but she likes it n am gunna start pureeing fruit n veg for her in the nxt few days)
she is 16w n 3 days (correct age would b 11w n 3) n weighs 11.5 was 4.10 at birth
has anyone else weaned early? experiences greatly appriciated

Weaning if anything will make her take less milk since she will be getting full from solids, it can also make some babys loose weight or stay the same because they take less milk because there full from solids but it takes a good few months for them to be able to eat enough solids to replace the calories lost from milk.

She is still pretty young the WHO (world health organisation)recommend you wean babies and start the introduction of solids at 6 months corrected that's how long we waited.

We started at the beginning of February so he would have been around 11-12 weeks corrected. His growth spurts were too massive for milk alone to fill him up, he was taking massive amounts of milk per day and his consultant had no issue with it as he was over 4 months actual age.
We just started with mashed banana and 4m+ baby cereals, cow and gate do a banana flavour and tropical fruit flavour. His nursery did him pureed vegetables like carrot, sweet potato and he only had these basic things until he was after 6 months actual when we started giving him more varied stuff.
I personally held him back on any wheat / gluten products until very recently as I have coeliac disease and it's possible he may too although I suspect if he is going to develop it too he will regardless.
It did help with his reflux as it helped keep everything down a bit better but that wasn't my main reason for starting weaning. He just seemed ready (apart from the growth spurts) he was constantly chewing stuff and producing saliva.

I'm not necessarily weaning, but Elias has just now started eating solids frequently. I was told to wean at 2 months actual, but he wasn't ready and neither was I, so I waited until he showed interest, which he does now! He's quite the little piggy.

She is still pretty young the WHO (world health organisation)recommend you wean babies and start the introduction of solids at 6 months corrected that's how long we waited.

Here premature babies have different advice, it's 5-7 months actual due to iron stores at birth running low at this time, this is from the premature baby charity Bliss. Term babies is 6 months though.

we were advised to wean Ellie early due to iron levels and weight problems she is 8 month old and apart from her health problems doing fabby, we were advised by her nenonatal pead xx

Here premature babies have different advice, it's 5-7 months actual due to iron stores at birth running low at this time, this is from the premature baby charity Bliss. Term babies is 6 months though.

yeah this is what I have always been told by nutritionist which means if a baby was 3 month early then acctual age when weaned would be 3 month if that makes sense lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->