Weaning a Prem

Lotty

Mummy Of A Little Boy
Reaction score
Hiya Ladies..
Enzo was born 9 weeks early according to the hospital which i think were wrong and more like 5 weeks early but anywho thats a different story :haha: i was just wondering When did you start to wean your LO ?..I know my baby isnt ready yet but im just curious as to when you started and what did you try first ?
I know a average baby is weaned from 4 months plus but is a prem baby weaned later ?
Thankyou :flower: xx

Most babys i know have been weaned between 5-6 months.

Bliss recommend weaning at 6 months actual age, we started at 5 and a half months as i felt she was ready and she loved it.

Ahhh right Thankyou for replying its good to know :) x

yip bliss like said above recommend 6 month actual. We weaned alot earlier on medical advice so if your concerned or anything speak to your consultant at your next neonatal review appointment or nutritionist if you have one

We started weanig at 14 weeks actual so 1 week corrected. I know that sound scarily early but it was on medical advice as she wasnt gaining weight due to severe reflux, she literally couldnt keep a drop of milk down. We kept her on baby rice till 17 weeks she now has jars and porrdge for breakfast and has been a much happier baby since x

My consultant advised no earlier than 4 months corrected (or 7 months actual) for my particular bubba, but to wait as close to 6 months corrected as we can get it. I think every LO is different and your medical professionals will have the best idea based on your LO's circumstances.

Thankyou for all your comments :) Every bit of advice helps..i have spoken to my HV since making this thread and she says get to at least 6 month before weaning and gave me a booklet with recipes :)

Elias began eating solids at 6 1/2 months corrected. He loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->