Weaning a reflux baby

sezzolou

Reaction score
Ds2 has reflux which fortunately has never bothered him, it's just extremely messy. I was hoping the chucking up would improve with weaning but it hasn't. He's now 7 months and loves his food. He's on 2 or 3 meals a day plus bottles. I do a combination of finger foods and lumpy foods but he continues to bring up both food and formula up to an hour or 2 after. I really didn't bother me when it was just milk but now it's proper smelly sick...yuck! I've never taken him to GP about it as he's happy and gaining weight.

I'm really just after reassurance that it will pass and any tips please re portions/foods/routines. Today I've tried doing all portions smaller...offering 5oz formula and smaller meals more often. It's just hard fitting it all in with naps too lol.

Sorry no advice.. but sounds like my 5 month old. Has reflux but doesn't bother him and puts weight on well. We've just started weaning and was hoping for an improvement!

Hiya lo is 9 months and we weaned at 5 mths on GP recommendation to help with reflux and sorry to say it didn't! He is now pulling up and cruising and has made a big improvement! I am a total sick phobic so has been a struggle with 'proper' sick

Our daughter has suffered with mild reflux since tiny but it really peaked at 5 months really affecting her sleep by 7 months old she's almost 15 months now and unfortunately only thing that has more or less stopped sickness is ranitidine/domperidone combination prescribed by our Gp but it took until January to get that when sofia was 8 months old as she gains weight & looks well. I try to keep her sat still for 20 minutes after a meal not always easy but she crawls like mad which can make her more sick i don't offer large amounts of liquid in 1 sitting smaller amounts & often. We are under a pediatrician now plus having allergy tests looking for a cause as she didn't grow out of it after she was weaned as doctor felt she would.

Our daughter has suffered with mild reflux since tiny but it really peaked at 5 months really affecting her sleep by 7 months old she's almost 15 months now and unfortunately only thing that has more or less stopped sickness is ranitidine/domperidone combination prescribed by our Gp but it took until January to get that when sofia was 8 months old as she gains weight & looks well. I try to keep her sat still for 20 minutes after a meal not always easy but she crawls like mad which can make her more sick i don't offer large amounts of liquid in 1 sitting smaller amounts & often. We are under a pediatrician now plus having allergy tests looking for a cause as she didn't grow out of it after she was weaned as doctor felt she would.

This is my worry also. Ds1 had silent reflux and an allergy to cows milk and suffered a lot of pain with it. He was on the same meds as your lo, managed to wean off them at 14 months but he still can't have milk, he's just turned 2. Ds2 doesn't seem to have any pain and sleeps pretty well. It's purely just vomitting that's an issue. I haven't taken him to see the GP as I imagine I'll just get told he'll grow out of it. It was hard enough getting a paed referral and meds for ds1 when it was obvious he was suffering. DS2 is 7 months and started sitting up a few weeks ago so prehaps it will improve soon but at the moment sitting position is the worst for making him vomit.

We are having allergy tests so far nothing in the results. on Gp advice we also tried lactose free didn't really help but pediatrician suggested movicol as she had been constipated on and off since weaning surprisingly it really helped. Sitting up made sofia worse as had crawling but thankfully the sickness seems to be settling down now at last without any further increases to domperidone. We are now on omeprazole instead of ranitidine as acid is still a problem.

The pediatrician has really helped with tests and now referring to a dietician as the constipation keeps resurfacing. It's took alot of persistence but I'm glad we kept going to the Gp until we finally got that referral

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->