Weaning Advice/Recommendations

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Hi

Although Charlotte and Tom aren't quite ready for weaning just yet, I've started to think it would be handy to get ready. My intention is to prepare their food myself rather than buy jars and I'm after advice of all kinds, such as:

1. What bowls, spoons, etc do you recommend?
2. Where did u sit your child when you started weaning them? Is there a particular high-chair that you recommend if they can't sit unaided as yet?
3. Someone recommended Annabel Karmel to me for recipes. Have you used her? Is there a good book you can suggest (not necessarily hers)?
4. Do you know of a good site/book of info on what to introduce when, how much, how often, etc?
5. What size freezer boxes worked for you? Where did you get them from?

Thanks v much

Helen

i made all rhys' purees so are u ready for a long post?

1. i bought a set of plastic bowls from ikea for 99p and i also bought 2 sets of tommee tippee nuby bowls with lids for out and about. we used tommee tippee spoons coz i found them the nicest to use

2. i sat rhys in his baby rocker to feed him until he was 5 months then moved him over to his highchair.

3. i have the anabel karmel baby to toddler meal planner book and its great. fantastic weaning information too!

4. as i said the anabel karmel books are fantastic

5. i usedsmall 'clip it' boxes from matalan they came in sets of 3 so i bought around 9 of them

when rhys was 5 months i started baby led weaning so if you want any more info on that id be happy to help

righto
1* I used heinz baby sppons with Em but now Vital brilliant flexible tip on them
https://www.boots.com/images/product/1071778/ehero.jpgOn offer at boots and usually at toys r us as well, Ithey do bowls in this range and cups I love them :)

2* Started with both of them in bouncy chair as most highchairs are from 6 months, but i found the Hauck Up'N' Down is great as reclines and is high or low chair and suitble from 4monthshttps://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/redir?src=image&clickedItemURN=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sprogsonline.co.uk%2FImages%2FHauck%2FHauck_Highchair_YelGrey_sm.jpg&moduleId=image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image%20Details This is Jacks but they do differant styles

3*Never used a book as such except what was in bounty book etc...but loads of stuff online :)

4*Again your bounty book when you get your packs will have info

5*I got flexible ice cube trays from tesco, were great and about 80p each, i deal sizes for first tastes, you can get little lidded ones all over once they are on more and are easy to just take out

Hope that helped hun x

My sister has a mini blender which she says was the best thing ever, but you can get a hand blender from Tesco for less than £5.

Hiya

I would personally recommend Tommee Tippee's range of weaning products: Can be found on their website.

I used them with my son and never had any problems :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->