weaning advice whilst pregnant

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
I love our breastfeeding relationship but lo is soon to be a big brother and I dont think I could cope with the demands of a newborn and my toddler too. I suppose the newborns needs need to come first now... So please advise how do I gently wean so its less upsetting for us both? I have 25 weeks to go!

I weaned my eldest while I was pregnant, we started with the night feeds around 17/18 months. For the day time feeds we started offering cows milk and did the don't offer don't refuse thing for a while then eventually when she would ask I'd distract her with something else.

I think she was completely weaned by about 21 months. After DD2 was born she only asked for a feed once or twice but I just explained to her that it was for baby which she seemed totally fine with and didn't ask again (But that didn't stop me crying out of guilt about it! Hormones LOL!).

Aw I will cry too! I love feeding him. It's been such a lovely bond and giving up signifies the end of his baby days and the end I suppose of him being a part of my body if you understand that. First I carried him then I sustained his life for all these months and now he is ready to grow without me. Sob sob lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->