weaning and getting AF back

hollyw79

Reaction score
My 20 month old daughter just weaned this last week. I still haven't had any AF's yet. She night weaned like 3-4 mos ago and I really thought THEN it would come back, but didn't. Now that she is fully weaned.. I'm curious to see how long it will take. Did anyone here who BF struggle getting AF back or know of any suggestions/supplements to help it's return? We are considering ttc which is why I ask! thanks in advance for any insight! :flower:

Sorry I'm no help but I am going to follow your thread. My baby is 16 mo and my AF is nowhere to be seen. I really wanna try for a second one soon.

I had none while bf but I thought that was due to my coil, especially as still no af after she weaned. However 3 months later I started getting really sore breasts on a regular cycle but it took another 3 months to get any bleeding. However my bleeds are still very light and I think that is due to the coil. It may happen faster if you aren't on a contraceptive.

yup.. I haven't been on any contraceptive at all! I've read Vitex may help??

I have no idea how to bring AF back, I'm in pretty much the same boat. I was hoping to have had another baby by now! My LO is 27 months old and nurses 3x/day. LO night weaned at 19 months old and I really thought that would bring AF back for sure. A few months after that I got a TON of EWCM for about a week and thought for sure I ovulated and my cycles were returning. A few days later I started 3 days of spotting.

There really seems to be no rhyme or reason to when AF shows up. Some women get it back very early despite exclusive breastfeeding and then there are people like me still waiting at over 2 years! I'm really not complaining as I didn't miss that wicked witch but I would like it back this year so my children aren't too far apart.

Good luck!

Maybe I will have to wean for AF to come back. Baby nurses only 3x a day now but still no AF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->