Weaning and mucus poop

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
:sick:

Sofia only goes for a poop every 4 or 5 days, and when she does it's pretty horrendous. Especially now that she's eating a lot of solids, so we have half bf runny and then solid bits of adult type poop.. yep, sorry if tmi!

So today was poo day, and it was vile, and also I noticed quite mucus filled. Is this a reaction to food or just one of those things?

I'm dairy intolerant, and I decided to try Sofia on dairy, gave her a few days and she didn't have any of the reactions I have (skin and explosive stomach) but I'm now worried this could be related. Poor little lamb loves cheese!

I'm not sure, I would think if it was a reaction to dairy it would have been more like diarrohea than mixed with her usual 4-5 day poo. I think it would have happened pretty quickly after she had whatever she reacted with. Does she have a cold or anything? Because that can make is mucousy.

:hugs:

I've not heard of being lactose intolerant causing mucus poop but as above if she has a cold that could be the cause

My little girl when she was 6 months started having mucousy very horrible poos after about a year and multiple trips to gp and an eventual referral to hospital she was diagnosed with toddler diahorrea in adults it would be IBS irritable bowel they didnt give her any treatment straight away they said to watch and wait to see what happened hope you manage to get to the bottom of it .

She did have a cold for almost 2 weeks though has been a lot clearer the last few days - I guess it could be a lot of mucus ran into her tummy?

I also thought the dairy would be more of an immediate reaction.. mine certainly is!

Vickie I'm allergic to the proteins in milk rather than lactose, dunno if that makes any difference.

Awww dizzynic, hope your LO is ok? Guess I'll wait and see what her next poo is like!

Yeah I am dairy intolerant too, my mum found out when she gave me a yoghurt at 6 months old and I almost immediately had diarrohea running down the highchair leg :sick: I have no idea what's in Freya's poos anymore, they are like mini adult poos now :sick: could have any amount of random in them and I wouldn't guess!

Hope Sofia is ok, and her next poo is un-mucousy!!

my mom told me when Hannah had her first cold that I'd be seeing the mucus in the diaper :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->